Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Found a lost iPhone

clares
4: Newbie

I have two things to talk about here.

Firstly how difficult is it to talk to customer services if you are not a vodafone customer - wow!!

This brings me to my second thing because yesterday I found an iPhone at the side of the road whilst out running so picked it up so I could try and find the owner via the provider. Removal of the SIM card showed it to be a vodafone phone. When I got home. It took over 45 minutes to get through to vodafone customer services. Obviously I couldn't dial 191 as I am not a customer but all the numbers I tried insisted on me putting a mobile number in - how? I'm not a Vodafone customer. Eventually after pressing any button I got through to a living person in the "leaving" dept (how apt!) who I explained the situation to and who put me through to the payg team. After giving the SIM card number and imei number to them they told me they couldn't locate anything on their system so likliehood it was a pay monthly customer so put me through to them. After another half hour and giving SIM card number and imei number again they couldn't help either! All they kept asking me for was the mobile number - errrr I can't!!

So what do I do with this iPhone. It obviously belongs to someone as there is a lovely picture on the screen.

Surely the SIM card belongs to a mobile number which belongs to a name and address of someone.

Surely Vodafone has the ability to check who owns it.

Anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If their is a passlock code on the iPhone or the owner has already blocked the iPhone so you cannot ring one of the numbers in its contacts all you need to do is hand it into a Police Station or perhaps a Vodaphone High Street Store.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
A good point.

If the owner puts it in Lost Mode they could send a message to the iPhone to arrange a meet up in a public place

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.