You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

GRINDR - Does it work on Vodafone?

is this app working properly now on VF???
Message 1 of 18 (7,327 Views)

Anyone any update on whether this is working again on VF?????
Message 2 of 18 (7,327 Views)
Sukhi
Topics: 154
Solutions: 177

Hi gateway

The app is compatible with Vodafone, we did have a few kinks at first. The app works with Wi-Fi and 90% of the time with 3G.

We've had reports form customer having problems using the app over 3G, however these were not caused by the network, this was the app it self, queries as such need to be directed to grinder themselves.

Sukhi
eForum Team
Message 3 of 18 (7,327 Views)

Any news from GRINDR users is it working on 3G as yet?????
Message 4 of 18 (7,327 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

The answer is it isn't working on 3G and hasn't for over a week. Gateway I suggest you look up on the other thread to see the level of exasperation customers are having over this. I think Sukhi is wrong and it is a vodafone isssue as other apps have gone down at the same time. On the other thread we are promised that VF are doing all they can but if Sukhi's belief is vodafone's then probably little is being done. By the way Sukhi - the other app that doesn't work in News UK lite - I have contacted the developers 'Nuvus' and they said they would contact VF. It went down exactly at the same time as Grindr and in the few days leading up to the problem both apps were intermittently down on 3G.
Message 5 of 18 (7,327 Views)

PS. I quote from Grindr web site:

"Grindr works the same regardless of how you connect to the Internet (WiFi, 3G, Edge, Data) and regardless of your mobile telephone or broadband Internet provider. This means if Grindr is working with one Internet service but not the other (ie works on 3G, but not WiFi), then we know the issue is on the Internet side, not within Grindr."
Message 6 of 18 (7,327 Views)

Yeah vodafone get a grip. Most worst mobile network I been with. Spoken to grinder couple times they said its your problem not theirs. So sort the app out and think of your customers
Message 7 of 18 (7,327 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

As I remember not using the app, when the original problem came up the guy from grindr came on this site and thanked vodafone for their help as opposed to some other networks.

Vodafone's guys got in touch with theirs and problem was found. So rather than having another go at vodafone I would get back to grindr and email Ricardo who is in touch with vodafone.
Message 8 of 18 (7,327 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

There has been disputes regarding this for some time on the eForum, we have done the investigation as promised and been in contact with the developers at Grindr.

I spoke to the man who personally took on the case of the Grindr App and he insists there is nothing for Vodafone to fix as the issue lies with Grindr itself.

Apologies if this is not what you wanted to hear however there is nothing more we can do regarding the situation.

Holly
eForum Team
Message 9 of 18 (7,327 Views)

Dear Holly

If there is not a problem at vodafone's end why do other apps not work? - see my post above?
Message 10 of 18 (7,327 Views)

Vodafone your such liars. I have bee. In contact spoke to them
By email. They said they have tested everything. Its nothing to do with their app. It's the mobile
Network provider which is you. Your just tryna avoid doing something that isn't really
Difficult. God.
Message 11 of 18 (7,327 Views)

I've also been receiving a similar response from Grindr, who suggest that it's due to the network. I've pasted their response below,

Hello,

We have been receiving reports from users that they are unable to sign on to Grindr when using specific Internet providers. If you would like to help us track down the issue, please follow the second set of steps. There is a possible work-around at the bottom of that Support Article.

http://Grindr.com/kb/signon

Grindr works the same regardless of how you connect to the Internet (WiFi, 3G, Edge, Data) and regardless of your mobile telephone or broadband Internet provider. This means if Grindr is working with one Internet service but not the other (ie works on 3G, but not WiFi), then we know the issue is with the Internet provider, not within Grindr.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared P.
Grindr Customer Support

help-apple@grindr.com
www.grindr.com

Suggestions/Feature Requests:
http://grindr.com/suggest
Message 12 of 18 (7,327 Views)

How come my friends on other networks have no issue using Grindr on 3G?
Message 13 of 18 (7,327 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that we are investigating issues with Grindr under this thread.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team
Message 14 of 18 (7,327 Views)

Re: GRINDR - Does it work on Vodafone?

Over a year and a half later and it's still not working!
Is Vodafone even bothering with this now?????
Message 15 of 18 (4,991 Views)

Just joined Vodafone sadly to learn that my Grindr App (only app so far) just wont work. It will work on wifi but not on 3G. Is this still an issue with everyone else. Im using an iphone4s.

Message 16 of 18 (4,193 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

If you guys want to join the discussion it has been going on for a while here. The android users have been doing some investigation.
BlackBerry: 9000 (OS5), 9700 (OS6), 9800 (OS6 b666), 9780 (OS6 b666), 9900 (OS7.1 b205), 9810 (OS7.1 b205), Z10 (OS10.1)
Droid: HTC Magic (Cyanogen 7), Motorola Defy (Cyanogen 7), Nexus S (4.2.x), Xperia Arc S (2.3.4), Nexus 4 (4.2.2)
Tablets: iPad 2 (Verizon 5.0.1), PlayBook OS2 64Gb
Message 17 of 18 (4,186 Views)

Hello Vodafone Members,

I work for Grindr as a Senior Customer Service agent. I wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue and are attempting to work with Vodafone on this as priority. I have made contact with Tom @Vodafone as mentioned in the forum http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network/Vodafone-blocking-port-5222/td-p/860537/page/3

You can also provide more detail at our own helpdesk which can be found at

http://grindr.me/SupportForm

Thanks for your support!
Robert M
Sr. Customer Service Agent
Blendr | Grindr
Message 18 of 18 (4,132 Views)
iPhone 6