amber08
Accepted Solution

How can I find out my account number / account pin

Hello
Message 1 of 16 (62,327 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: How can I find out my account number / account pin

Hi there and welcome to the forum amber08!

If you got paperwork with your order, it will show on there. If not, take a look at the FAQs - there is a handy post that will help you out here

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:

Message 2 of 16 (62,320 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
amber08

I havent got the paper work for my order... i have an invooice thing which only has my phone number on it... i'll phone up tomorrow to find it out :smileyhappy: thank you for replying so quickly :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 16 (62,312 Views)
drey_p

You're welcome!  You can also try texting the word "Account" followed by your postcode to 97886.  Sometimes it doesn't always work though.

Message 4 of 16 (62,305 Views)
Eilidh28

I have texted the number along with my postcode to get my account number but it came back saying that I am not eligable? can you tell me how i can get my account number?

Message 5 of 16 (60,687 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi Eilidh28,

We've added a section to our Forum FAQ's that will assist you with your query, you can find it here.

Thanks

Andy

Message 6 of 16 (60,680 Views)
edforshaw

Hi I'm having trouble finding my account number or pin. Can you help me out? Thanks, Ed.
Message 7 of 16 (50,311 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi edforshaw,

Welcome to the forum!

Please take a look here for help with this :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Jenny 

Message 8 of 16 (50,250 Views)
gr8fastVoda

I tried the text, but it said "Not eligible for Upgrade". Ridiculous. I wasn't asking for an upgrade, I was following the instructions to ask for my account number. Vodafone please fix this. 

Finally I did the customer service chat, had my ID verified and was able to get my account number and set up a pin. That seems the best way. 

Also Vodafone, I tried following the instructions to phone customer service but that also didn't work. Ridiculous. 
Please give instructions that actually work. I only tested the chat by chance, it was not the recomended solution, but ironically was the only solution that did work!

Message 9 of 16 (50,236 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi gr8fastVoda, 

I've just test receiving my account number by text and it's worked fine, it may have been an error that you received this text but the service does generally work. 

Can you let me know what instructions you followed and what happened when you tried to call Customer Service so I can look into this? Can you try it again now to see if this is still happening? 

Thanks, 

Kay

Message 10 of 16 (50,162 Views)
Mischa01

HI, Im trying to find out my account number and PIN. I sent txt msg account with my post code but they sent reply that i will receive email info soon. Well i would need the info now and not weeks later. I also tried to ring vodafone but there wasnt any option for general quieries and i wasnt being able to connect bcos of that (only options for stolen phone, paying bill etc..., nothing general!!!). Also chat is not available it says its busy for quite a while. Im new customer to vodafone but this is not a good start!. How can i get connencted then? What are the other ways to find out acc. no. and PIN pls?

Message 11 of 16 (8,957 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi Mischa01, 

We can get this information for you. Take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks, 

Kay

Message 12 of 16 (8,744 Views)
Didy

How can I find out my account number / account pin

hi i just bought a new phone and i need the account number of my new number to switch to my old phone number. but i can' t find it, i sent a message to 97886 but it says that i will receive an email with all my info but i still didn't receive it.

Message 13 of 16 (4,352 Views)
drey_p

The quickest way to sort that out would be to call customer services on 191.  They'll be able to give you the account number so you can posrt your number over. 

Message 14 of 16 (4,348 Views)
Didy

I already tried to ring 191 and the new custumer service number but there isn't any option for general quieries and i wasn't being able to connect also the time i called custumer service i waited for a long time and no one picked up.

Message 15 of 16 (4,182 Views)
Tech Team
Sarah

Hi Didy,

If you get in touch with us here, we’ll be happy to help you with this.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Message 16 of 16 (3,616 Views)