Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I add 1gb of data?

sassylass70
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi I have just been informed that I have used all my data allowance and I had a msg to add 1gb but I must of deleted it can anyone tell me how to add this? And can I just do it for one month?
11 REPLIES 11

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi you can add data by following this link.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/internet-costs/

How do I opt out of my Data Extra via Text message?

63johnw

Hi. I can't find out how to do it via text?

You can call 191 or this is from the help pages.

Screenshot_2016-11-15-08-30-05.png

Yes, that is one way, thanks.

Do I switch the Extra Data switch to ON and then back to OFF if I only want it to apply the Extra Data for one month?

How long does the switch have to be ON to activate a one month charge?

Do I need to log back in just before the end of the billing period to switch it to OFF?

The whole thing is a right royal pain in the *rse, as per usual with most things Vodafone.

63johnw

The problem is that the Vodafone term and conditions website linked above isn't actually clear at all.

The two options given under 'Pay Monthly Extras" are:

1. "If you don’t want your Extra to renew automatically, you’ll need to opt out by calling 191 from your Vodafone mobile. You’ll be able to use the Extra until your next billing date, and we won’t charge you again."

2. "You can remove your Extra immediately at any point during the month by calling 191 from your Vodafone mobile. It will be cancelled straight away and you won’t be able to use any remaining allowance. Unfortunately we can’t refund the charge, in whole or in part."

If I go to the Manage Data section of my myVodafone account, and turn "Extra - 1GB internet" to OFF, which option from the two above does this activate?

Do I lose my data immediately despite paying for it, or do I just opt-out of the auto renewal?

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aoifoc

I've read those myself just now and I do understand where you're coming from, I've fed this back.

If you opt to do this via the manage data section of the app, this will immediately cancel the data. I would suggest doing this on the final day of your allowances before your new monthly allowance refreshes.

@Carly

Thanks for the response Carly, and for feeding this back to Vodafone.

In that case I have a further question - if the OFF button on the Manage Data page activates point "2" above (instant cancellation), how can customers achieve point "1"?

I tried dialling 191 as advised in the T&Cs but there isn't an obvious route to opt out of auto-renewal. Is it actually possible to do this? Or do the T&Cs advertise a false option?

Thanks again.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aoifoc Our advisers on 191 can assist with this, and any remaining data would not be removed immediately as this can take some time to process.

As @Carly mentioned, we do recommend cancelling and managing any extras through the app or through your My Vodafone account online. Hope this helps.