cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I set up texts from Vodafone notifying me about voicemail messages?

meiral
1: Seeker

Does anyone know how I can opt back into getting texts about voicemail messages on my iPhone 4s?  I just moved from the US two weeks ago, and opted out of the texts as soon as possible because I found them annoying: why would I need a text when I could just look at Visual Voicemail?!  But aha, I've finally figured out Vodafone idiotically doesn't support visual voicemail here (why on earth not???), so now I want those texts back.  But I can't figure out how to restart them.  Guidance much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

From Vodafone help pages.

Change how you’re alerted to a new voicemail
There are three ways voicemail can alert you to new messages: The default setting is with an icon popping up on your phone screen, but you can also be notified by text, or by us calling you back. You can change your preference at any point.

To make a change:

• Call 121 from your Vodafone mobile (free in the UK, standard charges apply while abroad)
  • Press 1 for the main menu
  • Choose option 4, then option 3
  • Pick your alert type – 2 for text, 3 for a call or 4 for an icon

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

kids

From Vodafone help pages.

Change how you’re alerted to a new voicemail
There are three ways voicemail can alert you to new messages: The default setting is with an icon popping up on your phone screen, but you can also be notified by text, or by us calling you back. You can change your preference at any point.

To make a change:

• Call 121 from your Vodafone mobile (free in the UK, standard charges apply while abroad)
  • Press 1 for the main menu
  • Choose option 4, then option 3
  • Pick your alert type – 2 for text, 3 for a call or 4 for an icon

Visual Voicemail is a popular and very useful feature on iOS devices and it pains me to have just found out it is not enabled on the Vodafone network. Whilst I am very pleased with the network and service generally the lack of Visual Voicemail is a huge shortcoming.

Vodafone sort this out asap!

kids

Don't hold your breath!

If you had done a few searches in the Internet you would have found that the odd one or two people have been asking for this for years and Vodafone have always said that they have no plans to introuduce it. With the huge investments in rolling out 4G it is unlikely that they are going to start reconsidering it now.

There are alternatives in the App store.

Seems unusual as EE, O2 and other major UK networks provide Visual Voicemail (I switched from EE myself)...

I can't believe the cost outweighs matching the services offered by competitors...