You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

How long does it take to get microsim activation

Hi I upgraded from blackberry to iphone 4 on wednesday and kept the same plan.

a couple of hours after i did this my blackberry service was deactivated so I could not transfer any contacts to google as suggsted and the 360 website would not let me register on so I now have to manually imput around 200 contacts on the iphone.

I recieved the phone today and activated it at midday and just wondered how long it takes to work as ive been without emails now for 3 days.

My laptop is very tempremental which is why i rely on my phone for work emails etc.

Cheers

Message 1 of 9 (24,172 Views)

Re: How long does it take to get microsim activation

I am have just read on a past forum that I should switch off both phones.  its a bit frustrating as you arent told these things when you upgrade and essentially ive been without service for 3 days now.

Message 2 of 9 (24,151 Views)
Wayne
Topics: 58
Solutions: 153

Hi hazeyj

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear you didn't manage to get your contacts transferred in time :smileysad: I appreciate how frustrating and time consuming this must be.

The activation can take up to 24hrs, so, you should now be all up and running. Can you confirm that everything is now working ok?

Let me know if you have any more questions and we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 3 of 9 (24,139 Views)

Hello yes its all up and running now.  It would be helpful though for other people upgrading to iphone that more info is given on the tranferring contacts thing and it must be done as soon as syou put the phone down from upgrading.

Have a good day.

Message 4 of 9 (24,133 Views)

Re: How long does it take to get microsim activation ANSWER..............DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!

Wow!!! I didn't quite understand what the hell was going on for the past couple of days but now, after reading various similar posts, I finally do!

I have exactly the same story. Need a payg micro sim for my iphone 4. Went into several Vodafone stores and was repeatedly told the same lies "out of stock" I even tried the Mega Vodafone store on Bond St in London, thinking to myself, there is no way they are going to feed me the same BS. Guess what? They just happened to be out of stock, HOWEVER.......AND HERE IS THE PROOF THEY ARE LYING........they did say that if I made a contract with them, they could give me a micro SIM there and then!!! (apparently, the contract micro sims are different to the payg ones!!!!!)

That proves it, VODAFONE, YOU ARE FULL OF ...............!!!!!! (INSERT THE OBVIOUS) Hours of wasted time, journeys and money, only to be met with a pack of lies and the ultimate insult that Vodafone store staff think I am even more retarded than they are in order to believe their crap!

I seriously cannot believe the business model of vodafone compared with all the other providers out there. What the hell is wrong with you guys???? O2, no problem, Orange, no problem, Vodafone, MAJOR PROBLEM. 

Message 5 of 9 (24,094 Views)
Moderator (Retired) Lee
Moderator (Retired)

Re: How long does it take to get microsim activation ANSWER..............DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!

[ Edited ]

Good evening marcus_day1,

I've just answered this query in this thread.

Please refrain from posting the same query across multiple threads as it only hinders our ability to answer other customers.

Thanks,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 6 of 9 (24,089 Views)

Im having the same problem, i have recently been into vodafone store and swapped my normal sim to a microsim , both phones no longer have any signal at all, its been nearly 6 hours now !!

Message 7 of 9 (17,833 Views)
Phil
Topics: 432
Solutions: 348

Hi AntoniaPercival,

It can take up to 24 hours for a new SIM to be activated however your old one would usually work up until the point of activation. 

Could you try switching the phone off for 10 minutes and then back on again?  If not then it will just be a waiting game until your phone picks up signal - as mentioned this can be up to 24 hours. 

Thanks,

Phil

Message 8 of 9 (17,769 Views)

I have done sim swaps with three before. Despite them having a reputation for shoddy service, they are far faster than vodafone. I had my imei blocked as I lost my phone, made it clear my sim was still active and not lost and they still mucked it up by blocking my sim. So I am now two days without signal. Well done vodafone, come end of my contract I will be bringing my business elsewhere!
Message 9 of 9 (9,093 Views)
iPhone 6