Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I phone update ios9

Oursar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have an Apple iPhone 5s and began installing the iOS 9 update. 

Its frozen mid update on slide to upgrade and I now have no phone and I'm concerned a number of photos I've taken will be lost. Bizarrely the iPad my phone is linked up to seems to be missing tons of photos but I haven't performed the update on this device.

please help. I am unable to contact Vodafone as the lines are busy 

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

With regard to the photos are these photos that are in your camera roll and not yet been synced to iTunes or are they missing from photo stream?

Camera roll and photo stream albums have gone and now there's only an album called photos with many missing. 

BandOfBrothers

Did you perform a BackUp to iCloud and or iTunes before carrying out tbe iOS 9 update ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I don't think so.  😭. Butt the photos affected are on my iPad which i haven't updated iOS 9. I can't switch my phone on but living in hope that they will return.

I managed to get through to Vodafone and they will perform update remotely via my laptop.

will let you know what happens.

thanks

jeffkinn

@Oursar wrote:

I managed to get through to Vodafone and they will perform update remotely via my laptop.

What exactly did Vodafone say to you? There is no remote update that the network can do to an iPhone of any kind.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Something about plugging in my phone to my laptop. I think they are going to do an installation of some kind. It might be to do with I tunes but not sure if they said that or if I read it separately.

kids

I would assume that they would do the same as Apple will  sometimes do when an update corrupts.

if you give Vodafone remote access to your laptop and you connect the phone they can run through the restore process for you.

it is a reminder to always back up your photos as soon as possible after they are taken.

Good luck I really hope it works out for you.

kids

@Oursar wrote:

Camera roll and photo stream albums have gone and now there's only an album called photos with many missing. 

Hopefully they will reappear when your phone restores.

The problem is that if photos on the Camera roll and Photo stream have accidentally been deleted from the phone then that may have synced with iCloud and removed them from your iPad also. Are they any photos showing in the Recently Deleted album?