Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPad 4 Retina

Ramsay
7: Helper

Hi

Was wondering if I can get any progress on this from the forum team.  I put my Ipad 4 in for repair as it was continually searching for network.  It did work ok on wifi but as I am paying £27 a month for 3G I deemed it appropriate to get it fixed.

I put it into my local Vodafone shop here in Edinburgh and was sent for repair on 19/11 - Job No (Can be supplied)

I was kept up to date via text on progress and was informed that it was ready for collection on 28/11.  I went into store to collect and found out that my Ipad had been replaced as it was a hardware issue.  All good until I opened the packaging and found that the device was actually bent.  Note the Ipad I sent in was listed in the documentation as Excellent Condition - As New - No Marks.

To find that the replacement that had been sent was in the state that it was was a disgrace.  The shop sent it back to the repair centre with the following "Handset came back from UTL bent out of shape called to put IMEI Alert on this with call ref C0250363.  This was on the 28/11.  Again Job Ref can be supplied.

I heard nothing, no texts or calls.  I eventually phoned 191 to be told that it had been dispatched back to shop.  I went in on Saturday to discover that the same damaged Ipad had been returned with a note indicating that nothing could be done about the damage.

I left the Ipad there with the assurance that it would be dealt with.  I returned the next day (Sunday) and discovered that the shop said they had reported it, and were awaiting a response from the repair centre and I would be contacted the next day.  It is now late night Tuesday and I have heard nothing.

Bottom line my perfect condition Ipad was exchanged for a damaged unit. The lack of response and dealing with this is a disgrace.  I am paying a monthly contract on a device that firstly wasn't working and now I don't even have.

As a Vodafone customer for 20 years I am appalled that this was allowed to happen and the lack of response from Vodafone.

I would appreciate a call from somebody ASAP.

2 REPLIES 2

Ramsay

Shop has just phoned to say replacement unit has now arrived.  

Hi @Ramsay

Great to hear this has been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Rodney