Support:

Apple

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
RobertF

IPhone 4 Not Working With 3G

Hi,

I Recently Purchased An IPhone 4 From A Close Friend Of Mine, And Everything Works Perfectly. Except From The 3G. At The Top Of The Phone It Has  A Circle Where The 3G Symbol Should Be, I Have Made Sure That The IPhone's APN Is pp.vodafone.co.uk And Still No Luck.

I Hope This Issue Can Be Resolved.

Thanks A Lot,

Robert

Message 1 of 8 (2,394 Views)
RobertF

Re: IPhone 4 Not Working With 3G

As You an See In The Screenshot, I Have Entered The Correct APN. As I Am Connected To My Home Network The Circle Does Not Show.

Message 2 of 8 (2,388 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

The circle as you describe it means you are connected to GPRS which is a lot slower than either Edge or 3G. Did you have a Vodafone before the iPhone? If so what signal did you get on that? If you take the phone to a different location do you get a 3G signal?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 3 of 8 (2,386 Views)
RobertF

I Had Vodafone Before I Got The IPhone. Yes I Recieve The 3G Signal In Other Locations. But The Thing I Don't Get  Is My Brother, Sister And My Mother All Recieve A 3G Signal Where We Currently Are. All On The Same Network But On Contract.

Message 4 of 8 (2,383 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

[ Edited ]

Hi RobertF

Hmmm that is odd, have you checked you have the correct internet settings? The quickest way to do this would be to take a look at our internet settings page.

Failing that please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 8 (2,309 Views)
RobertF

I have infact tried these steps, but still no luck, any ideas? My family all have phones also and they are able to recieve a 3G signal, but only 2G works for me.

Message 6 of 8 (2,298 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi RobertF,

If you post the template from the troubleshooting guide, we can check the network in the area to see what’s happening.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 8 (2,274 Views)
RobertF

1). It Happens In My Home Town. There Is No Issue With Service, I Just Don't Get 3G.

2). TD11 3BQ

3). Yes, I Tried My Mothers Sim In My Phone And Same Issue, I Also Tried My Sim In Hers And Same Issue.

4). No

5). I Don't Recieve A 2G Signal, But My Family Recieve 3G With Their Phones.

6). The 3G Doesn't Work, I Just See A Small Circle Where The 3G Is Meant To Be.

7) When I First Got My Phone

8) This Issue Is Permanent, It Happens All The Time Unless I Go Into The City Which Is 20 Or So Miles Away.

Message 8 of 8 (2,271 Views)