Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Idiots Guide to Tethering iPad Air WiFi to iPhone 4s

tonymc
4: Newbie
Hi,

I'm really struggling to find out how to do this. All the articles I have seen refer to setting up a personal hotspot, yet I cannot locate this within the settings options. Wonder if anyone could give me an idiots step by step guide to enable this (or to see if it is indeed working) and how to then tether to the iPhone.

Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The option is on the main Settings page, in the list called Personal Hotspot, under Mobile Data.

It is only available on pay monthly plans however, so if you are on PAYG it won't be there.

If you are on a pay monthly, and it isn't showing, then somehting may need setting up on your account... Did you get the plan at the same time as the iPhone, or is it an old tariff in a new device?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The contract was an a new one which started at the same time the iPhone was acquired.

Just had a play around again, and I have found the problem - there was a character in the password that looked like the number 1 but was actually a vertical line. Changed the password and connected up now. Many thanks.