Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Imei doesn't match

Mickefairweathe
2: Seeker
I recently purchased a pay as you go iPhone 5 on Vodafone. I went to the show to request an unlock code and was advised to the website. Upon trying to access the Nuc request form it said the page had expired. I contacted customer services who advised me he would do the request over the phone and took a payment of 20 off my credit card. Unknown to myself he was based in South africa. I received an email from the Nuc team stating the imei number was incorrect. I checked the imei number and contacted customer services after waiting on hold and being told lie after lie for example (your imei number has changed because you put a different SIM card in) or (your imei doesn't exist) which went on for an hour an 1:45 mins I was told that Vodafone wasn't the carrier and I had to contact Apple. I contacted Apple who confirmed my phone does exist and the imei number is correct not blacklisted or stolen and that Vodafone are the provider. He kindly put all this on an email and emailed it to myself. I contacted customer services who again for another 1:30 mins put me to a manager who transferred me to the tech team. I advised the tech team member what Apple had told me and that they had provided me with the email evidence which the gent asked me to email the information and pics over to him, which I did. He never contacted me back. Today I contacted customer services who again gave me lie after lie the tried to tell me that the imei number on my phone provided by pressing *#06# and via settings>about> imei and also on the back of my phone was incorrect and tried to give me another imei number saying it was mine ???. I rang Apple and one of their senior advisors surgested I set up a 3 way call with me, himself, and yourselfs which I did. The advisor constantly tried to lie about the reasons which the advisor from Apple corrected her and she then gave us the correct imei number for the iPhone5 and the Apple advis told her the information she was giving me was incorrect she just terminated the call. I rang back and asked to speak with a manager who I was advised I was put through to a lady who said she was a manager called Sam. Who after I explained what had gone on and she advised me that I had to leave the sim in the phone on for 72hours before My imei number will be updated on your system and my phone would be unlocked. After the experience I have had upto now. I wanted to see if this information was correct so I rang back which the advisor I spoke told me that it was incorrect and would put in a request for a manager to ring this now is the 6 request I have put in to be called since 10am Sunday. I have all the emails from Apple which I have forward onto your nuc team. But still am being told the imei number is incorrect.
Regards
Michael
10 REPLIES 10

Mickefairweathe
I recently purchased a pay as you go iPhone 5 on Vodafone. I went to the show to request an unlock code and was advised to the website. Upon trying to access the Nuc request form it said the page had expired. I contacted customer services who advised me he would do the request over the phone and took a payment of 20 off my credit card. Unknown to myself he was based in South africa. I received an email from the Nuc team stating the imei number was incorrect. I checked the imei number and contacted customer services after waiting on hold and being told lie after lie for example (your imei number has changed because you put a different SIM card in) or (your imei doesn't exist) which went on for an hour an 1:45 mins I was told that Vodafone wasn't the carrier and I had to contact Apple. I contacted Apple who confirmed my phone does exist and the imei number is correct not blacklisted or stolen and that Vodafone are the provider. He kindly put all this on an email and emailed it to myself. I contacted customer services who again for another 1:30 mins put me to a manager who transferred me to the tech team. I advised the tech team member what Apple had told me and that they had provided me with the email evidence which the gent asked me to email the information and pics over to him, which I did. He never contacted me back. Today I contacted customer services who again gave me lie after lie the tried to tell me that the imei number on my phone provided by pressing *#06# and via settings>about> imei and also on the back of my phone was incorrect and tried to give me another imei number saying it was mine ???. I rang Apple and one of their senior advisors surgested I set up a 3 way call with me, himself, and yourselfs which I did. The advisor constantly tried to lie about the reasons which the advisor from Apple corrected her and she then gave us the correct imei number for the iPhone5 and the Apple advis told her the information she was giving me was incorrect she just terminated the call. I rang back and asked to speak with a manager who I was advised I was put through to a lady who said she was a manager called Sam. Who after I explained what had gone on and she advised me that I had to leave the sim in the phone on for 72hours before My imei number will be updated on your system and my phone would be unlocked. After the experience I have had upto now. I wanted to see if this information was correct so I rang back which the advisor I spoke told me that it was incorrect and would put in a request for a manager to ring this now is the 6 request I have put in to be called since 10am Sunday. I have all the emails from Apple which I have forward onto your nuc team. But still am being told the imei number is incorrect.
Regards
Michael

Mickefairweathe
Regards
Michael

Mickefairweathe
Regards
Michael

Mickefairweathe
Regards
Michael

Mickefairweathe
Regards
Michael

Please refrain from spamming the boards - this goes against the House Rules that you agreed to when signing up to the forum.

You need to make sure that the IMEI number is showing in Vodafone systems before requesting an unlock. Send a few messages, make a few call as that will help. Give it the 72 hours recommend and then submit the reques again.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum.

This is a Customer to customer forum so you will need to continue with customer services of Vodaphone.

Can I ask where you purchased the iPhone from ? Was it directly from Vodaphone.

Inserting another SIM card in the iPhone does not affect its imei number and  would be able to check its history via its serial and imei number so Id go with that information.

Make a few chargeable calls with your sim in the phone and contact them again as is helps to re establish your imei for the phone back onto your Vodaphone account.

Will you let us know how you get on.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mickefairweathe
I contacted them constantly today till I got an email address from a manager who gave me his and the direct email for somebody in the nuc dept. I emailed all the proof over from myself and apple. I made sure I sent it 3 times so it couldn't be ignored. I also pointed out that the 6 different imei numbers said belonged to my phone was confirmed in a 3way phone call with Apple that these imei numbers was invalid and didn't belong to Apple. After 5more calls to be passed from pillar to post I managed to get thru to the manager at 9:30pm I received an email from the nuc team stating my phone will be unlocked in 48hours. And they have now deducted the 19:99 credit to unlock it. I will still be following this up with the ombudsman once they have dealt with my complaint after 12hrs of nothing but lie after lie and rudeness. It would be my duty

Mickefairweathe
The reason I have spammed here and the facebook page is because I needed somewhere to take my frustration of 12hrs of lies and waiting time. And I only wanted my pay and go phone unlocked