cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

In case Vodafone answers forum queries ...

Landshark2007
6: Helper
6: Helper

iOS 8 broke my iPhone 4S. I have been without a reliable iPhone since and have been trying to find out about the costs for an upgrade. Disabled and miles from any Vodafone shop, I stupidly filled out the form on Vodafone's web site asking for an upgrade and was told that I would have to wait for two days for an answer. That's been and gone and I am still without a working handset. As it is my ONLY handset and my ONLY service, I am now stuck and feeling pretty 'unwanted' as a customer. I don't want to change my number as it incurs a lot of difficulty telling everyone. This is not a difficult question - all I want is a quote and someone to tell me what my optons are. Is that too much to ask?

Wherever I lay my '@', that's my 'ome.
2 REPLIES 2

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Landshark2007,

If you’re not in your upgrade period, you can pay off your remaining contract to upgrade early. This is your monthly line rental, times by the number of months remaining on your contract and minus 2%.

If your phone’s still in warranty, you can arrange a repair.

Thanks,

Jenny

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Landshark2007 wrote:

iOS 8 broke my iPhone 4S.

How did ios8 break your phone?

Have you tried restoring the phone from the previous backup? ios8 is a bit flaky so it is worth updating it to the latest version as that has fixed some of the bugs. It is always worth waiting 4-5 weeks before installing a new ios as that gives time for people to find the buds and Apple to (hopefully) fix them.