Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Hi everyone,

So that we can look into ypur accunts further please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt B

It may be of interest to the tech team and everyone else but after my post (msg 236) I tried turning off my Vodafone Sure box, waiting a few minutes, then turning it back on. I don't know why it worked but it seems to have done the trick and my phone is working normally again. It may help some of you.

Hi @finchley 

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted.

Hi @Tapperelle,

We may need to access your account and this isn't a secure environment.

That's why we ask you to contact Live help.

Thanks,

Ian

Dear Ian @techteam

I have had the issue logged with the techteam for over 3 weeks now and as yet have had no response except every week when I chase them up they say they haven't got an answer for me.  I don't actually believe you know how to solve this problem otherwise it would have been done. For the few people that have been on this thread, well I say few, its a few hundred, I don't think you care that they have this problem and are hoping that they actually do go over to another network, pay up their contract or get fed up with complaining about it so that you won't have to deal with it anymore.

It's very simple. I have a number of people (not everyone) that can't get through to me. They dial my number and it goes straight to a strange answer message which says dial 1 to leave a text, this number is unavailable. Then I get a missed call flash up on my phone.

Can you fix this problem? Or are you just going to carry on leaving responses that mean nothing.

Hi @Tapperelle,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

This thread seems to have stopped suddenly. What what the solution to this problem of an iPhone going straight to Voicemail. I'm curious because I now have this Problem with an iphone5 often going to Voicemail on occasions. PS and NO I don't have don't disturb switched on.

Thnx

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Has this only happened since you updated to the latest software?

There have been a number of post with the same problem on the official Apple forums but other than the 'Do not disturb' suggestion which is not relevant in your case there have not been any solutions offered.

I'm not exactly sure when it happened - I only noticed it this week. I'm currently running 8.3 on an iPhone 5. I've had two SIM Card swaps. I last updated my IOS a few weeks ago. I am perplexed that there were loads of folk with this problem that all of a sudden went quiet on the subject. What gives. How did they solve this problem ? I don't get many incoming calls which is why I hadn't noticed sooner.

Dear Matt

Why don't you have a look back through this thread and see how many times a Tech Team person has given an answer which does not resolve the problem but always deflects to somewhere else. There must be at least 20!!!

How about listening to what we are saying and posting the solution?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I am confused. You said that calls are going to voicemail but when colleagues at work called you the calls came through. The fact that they were sitting next to you is not important as they would still have gone though the external phone network like anyone else. 

So is the problem happening in just one place or lots of other places? Please give us some more advice.

As it happens I had this problem this morning and it was caused by my Sure Signal. I turned that off and all was fine. I turned it back on a  but later and the problem has cleared itself.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png