Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

minibelle
4: Newbie
I don't even get an alert telling me I've missed the calls either!!

minibelle
Do you mean PAC code? To port number over to another network? If it's PUK then you get that by signing in to ur acct online & it's on there

guptaj78
Yes PAC code..

I was on phone with customer service for around 30 minutes and they dont understand...

minibelle
Just ask for number porting dept - think PAC stands for porting authority code - hope that helps. Doubt tech can help you unless they have your personal details

minibelle
I wouldn't want to pay termination charges either with the problems you've had. I'm not exactly happy either - why are we paying for a service that isn't working? You wouldn't keep a microwave that didn't heat? The network has a service to provide us for what we pay for.

vics
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
It's probably early days to say that BUT since I sold my iphone5 and started to use iphone5s I didn't have the issue (almost 2 weeks now)

DanceKing
I'm having same problem with iPhone 5s calls going straight to voicemail with no notification and other times calls getting like I've been disconnected ..

Annoying

minibelle
Yeah I did try that, is first thing I did. I've tried pretty much everything am afraid. Don't know why 3G updates but 2G doesn't. I have to go to settings, change network to anything other than Vodafone, wait for no signal then reactivate Vodafone & it updates 2G

Saxon_Cronin
Dave and tech team in general.

1) why is there still no update from the tech team on the aforementioned incident ticket

2) why are you recommending people change SIM cards when all evidence on this for suggests that makes no difference?

3) I would strongly advise customers to seek legal advice on this issue if you are saying people cannot cancel contract unless they pay cancellation fees. Contracts by their very nature are a 2 way street. Vodafone are responsible as part of that contract to provide the service which is being paid for. In this case that is not being done, and people are issuing critical calls (and often unaware that they are)

4) I actually suspect the problem is MUCH more widespread than is being reported here. For example , my case, I have had the iPhone 5 for around a year I think and ios7 since it came out. I had a "hunch" something was wrong for months , but only put my finger on it when my wife actually told me that often her calls to me go to answer phone. When I asked her how long has that been happening, she said "for ages" she just didn't think to tell me since she thought it was due to me being out of service.

5) please give us an update ( the issue was reported many months ago on this forum) and give us a direct action to take to fix our problem, DO NOT fob off customers with actions like swapping sims unless there is substantiating evidence that this fixes the problem in most cases.

Saxon_Cronin
I addition to my previous post...

6) minibelle should have been listened to earlier, since I am positive he has hit the nail on the head with the 2g updates.
I just did some tests on my phone . All calls to it were going to voicemail this morning, regardless of if it was in sleep mode/active etc . I switched to manual carrier search and switched back to vodafone and hey presto I got calls again.
What is annoying when I read back this thread is, that this was dismissed by the tech team so easily "it should be fine if it updates every couple of days"
But minibelle then clearly states, no it is not fine, even when it has not updated for a couple of hours.

This was ignored... But for An unrelated apology later in the thread .

I'm fed up myself with this issue, and reading this thread does not give me any confidence whatsoever in vodafones willingness or anility to fix this issue . The thread was opened in JANUARY 2013, it's nearly 2014 and we are still getting nothing in response to fix the problem . I fancy an email to watchdog might be in order ...... And this will surely help the Vodafone team "focus" their attention once other customers realise (as I did only months on) that they have been missing calls all year whilst paying £xxx for their contract each month .