Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 3GS Simlock

Mike_McG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My 18 month contract came to an end a few months back and I'm in no rush to get another handset. I don't see the point of rolling with this contract, paying £40 a month still when I can move to a cheaper sim only contract. Vodafone don't seem to offer particularly competitive 30 day contracts, so I'm looking elsewhere. I don't want to be tied into a long sim only contract.

I called Vodafone to have my handset simlock removed so I can use other networks sim cards. Apparently the process has been initiated and it will take about 2 days for the lock to come off. I also got told that in order to active the removal of the simlock, I'd need to insert a non-vodafone sim card into my handset after two days, then log into iTunes?

Has anyone else been through this process?

1) Does it take two days for the simlock to be removed?

2) Do I really need to insert a non-vodafone simcard into the handset then log into iTunes?

Would be great to hear if anyone else has been through this process.

Thanks

Mike.

9 REPLIES 9

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

The unlocking can take 2-14 days.

The unlock process through iTunes does not complete itself until you put a non-VF sim in the phone. Once that is done you can reinsert the VF sim if you wish to do so. Buy a non VF PAYG card without any credit on it and use that for the unlocking, then discard it if you do not want to use it.

Ok, thanks for you response. Have just ordered a free PAYG sim online. As soon as that arrives, I'll pop in into the handset and connect to itunes.

Just so I know, will it alert me that the handset is now unlocked or do I just assume it is?

kids

Sometimes people do receive an email from VF saying the unlock is complete but when the unlock is processed by Apple the message 'congratulations your phone is unlocked' (or words to that effect) will appear when you plug your phone with the non VF sim into iTunes.

So give it a few days and connect to iTunes and keep doing so daily until the message appears.

Bonjour Mr kids

je m'excuse de ne pas parler anglais.

j'ai un probleme avec mon iphone 3 Gs,je viens de lui faire la mise a jour 6.1.6 et maintenant impossible de l activer?? de viens de voir qu'il etait de vodafone. Je vous contact pour savoir s il serait possible de me le desimbloker?

Merci

kids

@maurice09

Il semble comme si vous aviez un téléphone qui n'a pas été officiellement déverrouillé et la mise à jour, il a casued à reverrouiller.

La seule façon de le déverrouiller est soit de demander au propriétaire oriogonal pour compléter le NUC pour pour vous ou pour le téléphone d'être utilisé comme un téléphone par répartition sur le réseau au Royaume-Uni pendant 30 jours, après quoi vous pouvez l'avoir déverrouillée.

Merci de m avoir repondue,

je viens de demander a l ancien proprietaire et il m'a dit qu' il a eu 3 proprietaire,et ne sait pas qui est le 1 proprietaire.

Si je vous envoie tous les numeros du telephone,imei,etc.. vous pouvez me confirmer s il n'a aucun soucis et s'il n'a pas de soucis,comment puis le desimblocker? Je ne vais pas acheter une carte sim vodafone juste pour ça..

Merci

kids

Comme vous ne pouvez pas trouver le propriétaire d'origine et que vous ne pouvez pas utiliser le téléphone sur le réseau au Royaume-Uni pendant au moins 30 jours il n'y a pas d'autre moyen pour vous de déverrouiller le téléphone.

La meilleure chose à faire est de vendre le téléphone et d'acheter un un déverrouillé.

je ne peux pas le vendre puisqu'il est bloquer sur itune. qu elle genre de sim puis je acheter pour le debloquer?

kids

Il est verrouillé sur iTunes car il a besoin d'une carte SIM Vodafone pour activer le téléphone. Vous pouvez le vendre à quelqu'un qui veut un téléphone qui fonctionne sur la networdk UK de Vodafone.

Il n'y a pas d'autre moyen autre que ceux que je vous ai dit alreay le téléphone pour être déverrouillé.