Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4 unlocking from abroad with no wifi

becky1983
1: Seeker

I have recently requested a code for my iphone 4 to be unlocked. The phone has not yet been unlocked and I am going aborad. In the Vodafone shop they told me I had to be the UK for the unlocked processing to happen.I phoned customer service and they said it could be done from abroad. My SIM my not be active/in my phone and I have no wifi access. I will have access to itunes on my laptop and do have slow internet access on my laptop.Is the unlock possible once I am abroad? I seem to be getting mixed messages from customers services and the staff in the shop. I would be grateful if someone could shed light on the process that happens once the form is filled in. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
You only need a non Vodafone sim in the phone to complete the unlocking and as you are connecting to iTunes from your own laptop there should not be any problems.
Having said that there have been a few people who have experienced difficulties when tryin to unlock from abroad.
One thing I would do if you have a slow internet connection is to make sure that you update the iOS before you leave to save you time, although unlocking is not dependant on the iOS being up to date but you stand a better chance of it working if you are running the latest iOS.