Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4s...no memory left!

Haven7241
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Vodafone  i have two contracts with yourself, one is for a iphone 4s, 8g. This phone currently has 4 apps on it, 4 photographs and a few text messages, this is because it has no more memory, so essentially is useless as a smart phone and based on the fact the only thing i can do with it is make phonecalls i would have been better off using £15 nokia phone and saved myself some money. So as this phone is not fit for purpose and we have only had it around 8 months would it be possible to return this phone to yourselves and upgrade to a phone with better memory so that the full use of the phone could be taken advantage off!

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you want to purchase a new phone SIM free and use it with your current contract, you are more than welcome to.  However, Vodafone aren't going to provide you with a new phone because yours has run out of memory.  I would recommend doing a factory reset of the device and seeing how much storage space you have left. What version of the firmware are you running?  If it is IOS 8, it is noted for using up huge amounts of your storage. 

PWIAC

Has been factory reset and is running the most up todate filmware, its not really my fault that the phone has not got enough memory to run its os and allow it still to be used as a smartphone.  I look forward to hearing from Vodafone as im not keen on continuing to pay for the next 18 months for a phone that is about as much use as a brick.  

drey_p

Well, that will be part of the problem - as stated previously, IOS 8 uses up a huge amount of storage.  

I am sorry to say that you will be stuck with the phone as it is.  Vodafone are not responsible for the firmware that you choose to load onto the device. Nor are they responsible for the fact that the hardware isn't really up to the latest firmware - you're trying to run the latest firmware on a device that is over 3 years old.  I would personally not recommend that even if the manufacturer says it is okay. Just so you are aware, your phone is specifically excluded from your contract which is for airtime only.

Your best best is to take it to an Apple Store and see if they can downgrade the firmware to an earlier version that uses up less resources - I don't know if they will be able to do that but it is worth asking the question. At the end of the day, your complaint is with Apple for releasing firmware that uses up so much internal storage. 

PWIAC

electrawz
13: Advanced Member
Address your complaint to Apple my friend as Vodafone is keeping up their end of your agreement with them. If 8GB is not a reasonable amount of storage for your requirements, you shouldn't have entered into the contract. My honest advice would be to sell the 4S and use the proceeds to purchase a handset with a more suitable storage capacity. Even better, one with an SD card slot as this will avoid any future storage issues.