Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5s 3G U900 Settings

mikehbs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have seen that the 3G U900 coverage seems to be much better than standard 3G.  Can you tell me if there are any settings on the Iphone 5S that I need to alter to take advantage of U900?  I have cellular data swtiched on and also Enable 4G is switched on(although I'm only on a 3G contract).  Are there any cellular data network settings that need amending?

Can you also tell me is there a good app or recommended one that I can use to measure upload/download speeds of the 3G connection?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mikenbs

I've taken a look on my 5C and there aren’t any other settings that you can amend, the phone will automatically pick up the connection.

There are many third party apps available that allow you to monitor data speeds, just do a search in the App Store :).

Thanks

Sukhi

Yes - the iPhone 5S will just work using 3G on U900 as long as you have 3G enabled.

It is compatible with UMTS in the 850, 900, 1900 & 2100MHz bands and switches between them according to the available signals.

Having '4G' enabled on the phone is neither here or there, as U900 is 3G UMTS technology, not 4G LTE technology.