cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone Payg Data not working, problem vodafone system side?

Highlyunlikely
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I have already searched a bunch of forum posts and found people with similar issues to me, but no reliable response on how to fix it! so heres my dilemma up until now..

My data usage stopped working on my old iphone nearly two years ago, as the phone was old i figured it was an issue with the hardware, however last year i upgraded to an Iphone 5 and the problem persisted. Calls texts and wifi connections all work perfectly fine (on both handsets) but data doesn't regardless of how many times i change and try all the different recommended APN settings (which are different to what vodafone auto sends to iphone by the way) 

So after going instore the team said that a few years ago vodafone swapped all their systems over to a new one, and in that data transfer a lot of peoples account got messed up and had data suspended, apparently this is what has happened to me... they said they would remove it and i'd have data within 24 hours again, this was nearly a week ago, since then ive been back and forth with vodafone customer services, been told 3 times now that the bar has been lifted from my phone, and promised compensation for my issues.

After a call on friday 23rd that resulted in me being promised again that the problem would be sorted and being told i'd receive £30 freedom freebee and £20 regular credit, i awaited for the next 45 mins to receive my credit and test the data, the credit never came through so off i went again to contact vodafone customer services.. the next person i spoke to rudely told me that she didn't make the promise of the £50 total compensation, and that it was basically not her fault, then told me she would have to escalate the case so that someone could listen to the previous call and confirm that i had been promised what i said i had! guess what... no phone call, so after contacting vodafone again today via the online support chat, i was asked to setup my vodafone account online, so did that, and saw that my account still has an age restriction Bar on it, even though i received a text on friday telling me it had been taken off! 

THe long and short of it is that i still have no way of using data on my phone, and have no idea wether its the age restriction bar (which is shouldn't be because my phone won't access the internet at all through the data network), or this other issue which ive been told about by two staff members in two stores (yarmouth and norwich) yet none of the operators ive spoken to seem to know what i mean, or to be honest be of any help at all! 

PLease PLease please help me resolve this issue, its getting to the point where im just going to have to move networks! 

Kind regards.

Nathan 

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Jamian
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Highlyunlikely 

Welcome to the eForum.

I’m disappointed to hear this. I’ve sent you a private message with details to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jamian