Support:

Apple

Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster
InaStar82

Iphone4s problems....

Hello
I upgraded to Iphone 4s 16bg 2 weeks ago, and I love it!

However this week I tried to send a MMS and it didn't send I thought it was maybe reception so tried again in full reception and again it didn't go and last night I got someone to send one to me and it went but it didn't arrive. 

I also have found that some emails are being sent but not arriving, this only has happened a few times and has been when not on wifi.

If it transpires that I can't send or received MMS I will not be happy, I do not send a lot but the odd one and would miss this service.  I am slightly worried as I have read that this is a fault and few people have not had it rectified.

I have mentioned this in a thread but thought it was best to start one up on my own since there was the email problem too.

please help :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 11 (2,775 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Iphone4s problems....

Hi InaStar82,

Have you been able to send/receive MMS messages since your upgrade?

It might be worth giving customer care a quick call (191 from your mobile) just to make sure MMS is still active on your account.

RE the emails what email service do you use? 
Do you receive emails fine when on 3G?

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 11 (2,714 Views)
InaStar82

I've not been able to since upgrade but didn't try until over a week into upgrade, will call later.

its when i'm at work i've sent emails so been connected by 3g and they haven't gone its maybe just a one off...twice!

thanks

Message 3 of 11 (2,704 Views)
InaStar82

I've just remembered I sent a MMS on 16th November as it was my friends birthday but it hasn't worked since then.  

Strange that it was and now isn't and nothing has been changed.

I also can't use the My Vodafone app it does not work keeps coming up with error message, Ive tried reinstalled, wi fi, 3g etc and nothing helps

Message 4 of 11 (2,678 Views)
Nabs

Seems there may be something not quite right on your account.

Maybe one of the Mods could get in touch and have a look make sure everything is ok.

Message 5 of 11 (2,672 Views)
InaStar82

Please do! as if I can't MMS or access My Vodafone I won't be a happy bunny :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 11 (2,665 Views)
Nabs

Sit tight they willl pick up and reply to the thread as soon as they can

Message 7 of 11 (2,639 Views)
InaStar82

Thanks

I've also noticed something else the past few days but forgot about it until now!

The location of my phone seems to be playing up, last night it said I was in windermere - which is 60 miles north, this has happened a lot could this be another fault thats connected?

thought was best to mention it

Message 8 of 11 (2,604 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi InaStar82

I have sent you an email so that we can make sure that your account is provisioned for MMS.

With the GPS, what navigation system are you using?

Have you tried to set up location outside? I know that on most navigation systems need this to be done the first time.

Martin

Message 9 of 11 (2,562 Views)
InaStar82

Thanks

I've just checked and its not come through yet if its not here by lunch time I will repost so you know its not arrived.

Its just when i click on maps and the weather my location is often 50miles out! just seems strange thats all

Thanks

Message 10 of 11 (2,560 Views)
InaStar82

THanks to Simon i can now send/receive MMS!

Still to fix location problem but fear it'll just be like that all the time and My Vodafone app still not working

Message 11 of 11 (2,530 Views)