Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Jailbreak or not to jailbreak??

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I've never jail broken an iPhone or rooted an Android phone.

I'd like to know why people have jail broken their iPhones and what it has allowed them to do that they couldn't do before.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi

If we are allowed to discuss this is love to have a conversation about this.

For me I jail break as it allows me to move away from 's sandbox they use to over protect its idevices and iOS.

To be honest over the years I've seen apple introduce what they call new features which are in fact established tweaks !

Here are some reasons.

Instead of having to navigate into settings to toggle off Mobile Data I can add this in the pull up control centre.

I can choose to open emails in google chrome instead of safari which only apple allow.

I can theme out my iPhone.

I can allot to open up a folder with apps in to full screen which shows more apps instead of the 9 it currently allows.

I use f.lux which slowly dims the screen at night to help with eye strain.

I can use a tweak that when typing instead of holding in

E screen to move the curser I can simply swipe my finger across the keyboard and that moves the curser.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My control centre looks like this.

Mobile data and Lte (4G) are added as well as kill all open apps at the same time.

image.jpg

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

and what about the security concerns and the voiding of the Apple warranty?

That doesn't bother you?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Point 1, Security. The only way you would compromise security of a Jail Broken phone is if a person installs SSH and do not change the password from the default.

2, Warranty.  have said if a person jail breaks they may not be able to help with warranty covered issues. Basically if a person has any issues covered by warranty then they can just hook up to iTunes and Restore which removes all files and signs of a Jail Break.

Current Phone  >