Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving the country

LaurenByrnes
1: Seeker
hi, im leaving the country for 9 weeks from may 25th to August 5th... i was wondering if it possible to put my contract in hold again as this was done for me last year.. then the 2 extra months were added to the end of my contract...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello Lauren

This would not be possible.  The following previous thread will answer your question

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Services/Suspension-of-account-whilst-abroad/td-p/697425

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS

Hello Lauren

This would not be possible.  The following previous thread will answer your question

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Services/Suspension-of-account-whilst-abroad/td-p/697425

LaurenByrnes
1: Seeker
even though it has been done before?

Hi LaurenByrnes

Thanks for your post here. I’m afraid that Ann has given the correct information there. It would not be possible to suspend your account until you return to the country. I’m not sure why this was done before but this is not something we can offer.

Thanks

Wayne

nishad05
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

i left the country for vacation and since my grandfather passed away i wont be back for three months. so please is it possible to pay the three month balance on the fourth month when i return and continue there forth on my payments as usual. since im a student i got no way to put money because im away. please consider thankyou.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I'm afraid that Vodafone are not likely to be able to do that for you.  The only people that can apply for a "freeze" on the account are members of the armed forces going away on active duty.   If you fail to pay, it is going to cause you no end of trouble, especially as it is quite a long time you are asking payments to be suspended for. 

PWIAC

AnnS

@nishad05 wrote:

i left the country for vacation and since my grandfather passed away i wont be back for three months. so please is it possible to pay the three month balance on the fourth month when i return and continue there forth on my payments as usual. since im a student i got no way to put money because im away. please consider thankyou.

That wont be possible.  The only time you can put a contract on hold is when you are a serving member of the armed forces being posted to a combat zone where it is not possible to use a mobile phone.

When there is a problem paying a bill, you will need to speak to Collections and come to an affordable agreement.  If you stop paying all Vodafone will do is to disconnect your service, slap a default on your credit file which will be in place for the next six years and pass the debt onto debt collectors who will catch up with you when you return.

Please be aware that any payment plan will be reported on your credit file and will make any credit application difficult.

The other alternative is to do a  change of ownership for the contract to a trustworthy friend or relative where all responsibility towards the contract will be with a new owner.

So when the debtcollectors catch me i could then pay the sum of money and come to an agreement yeah. and what so on my return to uni for my second year i will be in trouble. will they come looking for me within these three months.

drey_p

You don't want it being handed over to debt collectors - if it hits that stage it will be too late.  Your number will have been disconnected and your credit rating messed up.  This will make it very hard for you to get credit, so you will struggle to get another mobile phone contract.

PWIAC

will they chase me overseas as well.