You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Looses signal

I have an odd problem.

I received my iPhone 4S 16GB White on Saturday 18th, the sim was activated on Monday 20th and my number ported over the next day.

When I am at home, I get a pretty steady 3 bars of signal. That is, until I pick the phone up. When I do, the signal drops even if I only pick it up a few millimeters and do not move it.

If I pick it up to send a text or similar then I will, over the course of 60 seconds or so loose all signal and the handset displays "Searching" then "No Service".

If I answer a call it will drop to one bar but not actually loose all signal.

I am heading out in a bit so I will test it in other locations but I was wondering if any users had this problem?

I have read all about the iPhone 4 "deathgrip" issues but I read that was resolved in the 4S by antenna switching.

Message 1 of 3 (3,392 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Re: Looses signal

Well I was out and about. I stopped somewhere and had 5 bars of signal. As soon as I picked up the phone it dropped 2 bars.

When I put it down again, 5 bars came back.

This is odd...

Message 2 of 3 (3,331 Views)
Topics: 145
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 14
Solutions: 200

Re: Looses signal

It is a well documented fault with the iPhone.

The problem is to do with the aerial placement inside the phone. As you hold the phone your hand obstructs the signal, - Grip of Death!

Simply buy a "Bumper" surround for the phone, and the problem will go away!

Bumper case

Wink.gif

Message 3 of 3 (3,329 Views)
Announcements

Outlet

Save money on phones and tablets.

Vodafone Outlet offers fantastic deals on brand new devices from our clearance range, and great savings on Nearly New phones and tablets.

iPhone 6