Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Merry Christmas!

DDDDDDDD
2: Seeker
Hi,

I have bought my wife an iPhone 5s via a new Vodafone contract.
The phone arrived today. All sealed. No sim has ever gone inside.
Will her EE nano sim work?

Many thanks and all the best

DDDDDDDD
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello DDDDDDDD

Whatever you do dont put the EE SIM in the phone, the phone will lock to the first SIM put in the phone and should you want to get the phone unlocked, you will have problems.

The IMEI will be on Vodafone's data base and locked to EE. 

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

DDDDDDDD
Hi, guys.

For anyone interested in this thread:

Contrary to AnnS's very friendly advice, the iPhone I recieved from Vodafone is LOCKED to the carrier and requires unlocking. It won't even accept the EE sim.

It would appear that there isn't a clear-cut message and I have been misadvised, albeit unintentionally from the sales advisor, the customer service agent and a forum member.

I would humbly request that this thread be used as evidence to bring change to the advice given by Vodafone and that everyone be given a definitive answer that is 100% correct to ensure consumers are advised correctly.

Let me be clear, I don't blame anyone who has offered good-intended advice; more a case of Vodafone yet again 'winging it' when it comes to detail.

DDDDDDDD

Hi @DDDDDDDD 

You can find help and further information regarding this here

Thanks, 

Sarah 

I can confirm my Iphone 6 is the same. Locked to Vodafone, wont accept an EE SIM even though I tried that first. Trying to get it unlocked is a whole other headache. Good luck. 🙂

DDDDDDDD
When you say 'a whole other headache'...?

Not having much luck. Been nearly a fortnight, submitted forms numerous times, no reply from Vodafone as to whether the form actually made it. Spoke to different people on live chat been told everything from its with the unlocking team to we have no record of it. Actually spoke to someone who checked details and submitted form on my behalf. Still no email or reference etc to say where it is. One of the team members on here asked for some details via PM, still no reply. NUCResolutions appear to never reply to emails. I do realise however that some of it covers the Xmas period but... You however may have better luck. 

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Mjw456,

We've received your email and as soon as we reach it, we'll be in touch.

Live help can give you an immediate update.

Thanks,

Ian

DDDDDDDD
QUICK UPDATE: Went into local Vodafone store. Ordered the unlocking code by paying £19.99 and it arrived in 72 hours.

My advice, GO TO STORE.

D