Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data and 4g not working

shay080504
3: Seeker
I was trying to get 4g on my iphone but it kept going back to 3G so I turned it off and on again and all of a sudden.. I can't use my data but I can still message and call
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Then as process of elimination your SIM card has either failed or your account needs resetting. Have you managed to try another SIM card in your own phone to see if it's working on.

Any Vodaphone High Street Store can simswap for you which moves your mobile number and tariff to a new SIM card or call customer services to have one posted and use the sim swap link to move them across yourself -> and calling customer services and asking them to reset your account may help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

shay080504
Also now when I go on the internet it doesn't do anything or a message comes up

BandOfBrothers
On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both &mthe iPhone will reset

Other options are :

Settings - General - Reset -Reset Network Settings.

Do you have any network connection symbols in your iPhones status bar at the top.

Ie e, 3G etc ?

Check your masts via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

shay080504
I've tried resetting the phone itself and I've tried what you have said and it still won't work

It says at the top 2/5 Vodafone 3G
But I should be able to get 4g as well...

BandOfBrothers
Hi

As process of elimination can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim/Phone which may be at fault.

If your masts are showing as good You may need to contact Vodaphone via the 'Contact Us ' link at the foot of the forum page to have your account checked.

Current Phone  >

shay080504
Hello,
I don't have a spare SIM card but I'll get one tomworrow morning and see if that works

I'll get a new cheap phone and a SIM card tomworrow

BandOfBrothers
Perhaps use a friends / family members Vodaphone/ unlocked to all Networks phone to try your own SIM card in as not to cause you any further expense.

Current Phone  >

shay080504
Just tried my SIM card on a spare Samsung s2 and it still didn't work

BandOfBrothers
Then as process of elimination your SIM card has either failed or your account needs resetting. Have you managed to try another SIM card in your own phone to see if it's working on.

Any Vodaphone High Street Store can simswap for you which moves your mobile number and tariff to a new SIM card or call customer services to have one posted and use the sim swap link to move them across yourself -> and calling customer services and asking them to reset your account may help.

Current Phone  >