Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving from iPhone 3GS to 5S - SIM swap not activated

VH1VH1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I used the online SIM swap this morning to change my SIM card to fit my new iPhone 5S. It's now been 6 hours and nothing has happened, I have no phone as my old SIM was deactivated immediately and therefore no way of speaking to Vodafone. Please could someone advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

One generic tip is -> Turn your iPhone Off with the new sim inserted and turn it back On or turn Airplane Mode On and Off to refresh the Network connection. Try Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

A sim swap can occasionally take up to 24 hours to fully complete if the Network is busy.

It can be that the New Sim is faulty too so any Vodaphone HighStreet Store can help. Take Photo ID to prove your identity just in case.

If you go a few hours beyond that with no resolution then use the 'Contact Us ' Link at the foot of the forum to speak to Customer Services or Live Chat to check on the status of your simswap.

Good Luck. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
Hi

One generic tip is -> Turn your iPhone Off with the new sim inserted and turn it back On or turn Airplane Mode On and Off to refresh the Network connection. Try Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

A sim swap can occasionally take up to 24 hours to fully complete if the Network is busy.

It can be that the New Sim is faulty too so any Vodaphone HighStreet Store can help. Take Photo ID to prove your identity just in case.

If you go a few hours beyond that with no resolution then use the 'Contact Us ' Link at the foot of the forum to speak to Customer Services or Live Chat to check on the status of your simswap.

Good Luck. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.