You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
phonebloke

My Vodafone App Doesn't Work

I'm trying to use the My Vodafone app but I just constantly receive the following message:

Unexpected Error

We can't return your account information right now, please try again shortly.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 27 (9,016 Views)
Rank 20: Instructor IV
chrisdeeming1

Re: My Vodafone App Doesn't Work

phonebloke,

Has it ever worked? Can you log on to your My Account on the website ok?

If you can get to it, try the "More" button in the app and choose "Forget Settings". This may reset it for you.

Chris
Message 2 of 27 (8,981 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
grahampaull

Mines has never worked since upgrading to the 4S, its frustrating to be honest but not enough to make me complain or anything, I just have to go the long way and loh onto the website.

Message 3 of 27 (8,971 Views)
phonebloke

Hi, no it's never worked. It's on an iPhone 4S. There doesn't appear to be a 'forget settings' option. I can log in on the website but it's a bit of a pain. I should really be able to do it from my phone!
Message 4 of 27 (8,964 Views)
stoole

The Myvodafone app on my Samsung Galaxy has been working fine except for the last 48 hours when I've constantly been getting the "unexpected error" message, "try again" problem.
Message 5 of 27 (8,917 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
InaStar82

Glad its not just me its not working for on the 4s!

I'm getting the same message too :smileysad:
I could really do with it so I can monitor my data once my 3 month trial runs out
Message 6 of 27 (8,907 Views)
phonebloke

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? Just got an email telling me my bill is ready so tried the app again. It still doesn't work.

Message 7 of 27 (8,733 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting us know that you’re having trouble with this.

Please can you post the firmware version you are using and once we have ten examples of this, we’ll raise this to our devices team

Thanks

Wayne

Message 8 of 27 (8,716 Views)
carlpywell

Mine has the same issue.

Iphone 4S OS V5.0.1 (9A405),

Message 9 of 27 (8,183 Views)
Lightchaser

My vodaphone app won't work either. IPhone 4s OS V 5.0.1 Worked perfectly well until I upgraded to iPhone 4s 5 days ago
Message 10 of 27 (8,173 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the updates here.

Can I ask for everyone to try to update your software via iTunes to the new version 5.1 and remove and reinstall the My Vodafone application?

Please remember that you will need to download and connect the app for the first time via 3G or it will not connect to your account.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 11 of 27 (8,155 Views)
Lightchaser

Hi James.
Did as you requested. Installed the new OS to 5.1. Deleted Vodafone app , reinstalled, connected to 3G and ran the app, same message- not available for business users. Have spoken with Vodafone support, have emails from Vodafone stating I'm not a business user, contract states consumer contract not business- yet still Vodafone app says - not available for business users , but can still use WI FI finder".
App worked fine until I upgraded to iphone4s a week ago!
Message 12 of 27 (8,129 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Lightchaser,

To be honest I would like to get our team to check the account for you directly to make sure that you’re not down as an individual business user as this would stop the app from working.

So that we can check this I have sent you a quick PM with details on how to get in touch with our team directly with your details.

Please follow these instructions and our team will be able to get this checked for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 13 of 27 (8,088 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
kazzawal

It will not work for me either- tells me that as I have recently upgraded then it needs to wait for my first bill- that is online now and still the app doesn't work. I am a bit worried as I have 500mb with an iphone 4s- I need to keep an eye on it- I did not use anywhere near that on iphone but want to monitor it.

Do vodafone automatically let you know if you are near the limit or do you get a big shock with your bill

Message 14 of 27 (7,992 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi kazzawal

Thank you for your post.

Have you upgraded to the new Vodafone App from your app store as we have recently launched an update.

When you are nearing your data limit you will receive an SMS to confirm this.

Let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 15 of 27 (7,973 Views)
kazzawal

Thanks for answering- I  have deleted and installed the app about three times now, it is version 2.4 apparently! Still not working though

Message 16 of 27 (7,892 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi kazzawal

Thank you for letting me know that this is one avenue you have tried.:smileyhappy:

Are you able to log on to 'My Account' online?

So I can take a look at this for you please follow the Private Message I have sent to you and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 17 of 27 (7,859 Views)
kazzawal

Thank you but the app is now working- it had the incorrect information in part of it- claiming that I have used all 600 minutes, but a quick telephone call has confirmed that this is not true and there is no need to panic!!
Message 18 of 27 (7,847 Views)
Ruth_H

Hi my Vodafone app also doesn't work. I got the 4S at the beginning of February and it didn't work waited a month as thought it may be that I needed to wait for my first bill It comes up with the unexpected error message please try again shortly message each time. I have turned off the wifi with a 3G connection and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but none of that works. It's still not working ive been in store and they said they would look into it and promised to ring back 3 times but it's 7 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything! I can access my account online fine but it's much easier for me to use the app if it will ever work as I can't always get access to my computer when I need to. I also emailed Vodafone who replied but only suggested ringing 191 which I did and the person I spoke to said sometimes it just doesn't work theres nothing I can do and suggested I download an app called "Mcare" which no matter how I type it I can't find it on the app store! is anyone able to help me, because I switched from another network provider because I was told Vodafone provides much better customer service but since I've swapped I had nothing but problem and this app not working is the icing on the cake! Thanks Ruth
Message 19 of 27 (7,768 Views)
Robster2007

Does not work for me either and I have been trying to get it working for 4 months!

Currently with Vodafone and going to ever higher support levels!

Ihave tried everything and apparanetly so has Vodafone, even deleting my account and creating a new one has not fixed the issue.

Robin 

Message 20 of 27 (7,750 Views)
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Need more credit?

Top Up

It's easy to top up online.

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Earn Rewardz points every time you top up.