Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App

biker-x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've been round the houses with this, The App is stuck in a loop of asking me to switch of wifi, enable cellular data in order to find me. This fails. I upgraded in November and was told that as I had unlimited Data, Voice and SMS for 3 months I should uninstall the App and reinstall it in early January (once the 3months was up). I've done this several times (most recent yesterday) and it has made no difference.The App is stuck in that loop of trying to locate me over cellular data, failing and suggesting a rty again later. Vodaphone support don't able to sort the problem, now blaimg the App and suggesting I call Apple. But I see others have received DMs here to help hence my post. The iPhone is a 4S and is up to date on version of both OSX and the My Vodafone App. Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi biker-x,

The cases posted here tend to be more with the app not finding details once the number has been recognised, which is a different issue, but we'll see what we can find out on this for you.

First things first, can we try a variation on the "switch off Wi-Fi" test:

- Switch Wi-Fi off

- Reset the phone by holding down the Power and Home buttons until the Apple icon appears (Don't worry, this doesn't wipe your data!).

- Once the phone has fully rebooted, try the app again.

If this doesn't work, can you confirm that you're on the latest versions of the app (version 3.0) and iOS (version 6.1) for me? If not, if you can update those we'll be able to see if there's anything which has already been fixed?

Finally for now, do you have any other issues with connectivity on the iPhone, particularly data services?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. The iOS is 6.1. I just reinstalled the app from the app store. It's V3.0

I switched wifi off and did the reset procedure you suggested. The app starts with 'finding your details'. It then offers the 4 pages of welcome screen experience. I click Finish and agree the terms and conditions.  It then states 'we're just finding your details'. After about a minute it states 'We're having a bit of trouble. No network coverage. Sorry, we can't find your account information right now becuase you don;t have any network signal or wifi coverage. Please try again.

I'm on a Sure Sugnal hgere and have full 3G network bars showing. There are no mobile data issues with the phone.

I click try again and get 'We're having a bit of trouble. Sorry, we're experiencing a few technical difficulties at the moment so we can't display your usage or account information. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible. Please try again later.

I close the App and restrat it. This time it says 'we're just finding your deatils'. Next 'we need to find you, to make sure we're giving you the right information, we need to read your SIM card, so we can identify you. We can only do this while you're connected to the mobile data network. What you should do now: 1. Got to settings 2. Switch wifi off 3. Check you've got mobile data switched on then open the My Vodafone App. Retry / Skip

If I do nothing it jumps to 'We're experiencing a few techniucal difficulties so we can;t display your usage or account details, try again later'. I'm then stuck in a loop. Or I kill the App, restart it and am back with 'We need to find you'.

Thinking back this all started when my wife and I swapped sims in handsets. Hers is an iPhone 4 on Voda, mine a 4S on Voda. We swapped them back later that day. We were using the data allowances for GPS on a long road trip at the time. Maybe this confused something?

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi biker-x,

Thanks for coming back to us.  Swapping the SIMs around shouldn't have caused any issues with regards to accessing the My Vodafone App.  Could you let us know if yuo have any other issues with accessing general data on the phone at all as it does seem to be an internet connection problem more than anything. 

If not then we may need to raise this to our App support teams.  So we can do that I've sent you a PM.  Please follow the details in there and we'll pass the info on.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil and tahnks for the reply. There are no 3G data issues with the phone. It streams radio from iPlayer twice a day on dog walks and I travel for work so chew through my 1Gig of data allowance every month.

I picked up your PM and sent the details you requested.

Regards.

What's the point of having a chat forum if you're going to send private messages to people in order to fix problems.

I have the same problem, so I would be obliged if you could tell me whats going on!!

Hi and fair comment. The way this played out was an email session to confirm what I'd already confirmed here. Then a call from a very helpful Vodafone staffer to run through everything I'd already confirmed here again and to ask whether I had Onavo Extend or the other Onavo App installed. I used to but had removed both the apps and their profiles several months before. I was left haivong been told to expect contact from the app developers. It never happened and the thing is just as it was ie broken. The only way I can check data allowance is by dialling either of the automated Voda numbers and trying to make sense of the poorly formatted text message. Shabby outcome am afraid. Do you have Onavo installed? DItch that if so, remove the profile and see if it makes a difference. Maybe you'll have better luck than I. 

Hi Steve1963

Thanks for your post. We have a community based forum to help with general customer service and technical queries and allow customers to use self help tools online, rather than calling us up. Other users can also share their experiences as biker-x has done here.

However, if the query is account specific or, as in this instance a case needs raising with the app developers, we have no other choice but to take it offline. If we didn't, it would mean personal customer details being posted in public.

Try the suggestion biker-x has posted below and let us know how you get on. If this doesn't work, we'll need to get your details.

Hi biker-x

Can you email us back on the last email we sent to you so we can chase up the app developers?

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

I posted this yesterday on another thread.

It solved my problem;

I now have the answer to my own question and the My Vodafone app now works for the first time;

Settings > General - make sure Mobile Data is ON and select

Scroll down to Mobile Data Network and select

Mobile Data > APN - should read pp.vodafone.co.uk (if you are on PAYG) or

wap.vodafone.co.uk (if you are pay monthly)

I did it and now I can access the internet and use the my vodafone app as well.

My life is now worth living again !!

I tried all this but still the app can't find me- good for you though,

thanks, joe