Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app - Sorry, we're experiencing a few technical difficulties

gparris2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I recently downloaded the update for My Videophone on my iPhone 4. It worked for a few weeks and then it suddenly was unable to find my account details. Now all I get is the message “We’re having a bit of trouble” with a speech bubble saying “Sorry, were experiencing a few technical difficulties at the me moment so we can’t display your usage or account information. We’ll get this sorted as soon as possible – please try later”. After a few weeks I was still getting the same problem so I called customer services. They deleted my account for me twice in each case saying I had to re-register online. I also deleted the app and reloaded it several times. Its still not working and is still displaying the same message. Anyone got any ideas?

Ps I have wifi off as it requires connection to 3g to get account details.

Please see screenshot below

50 REPLIES 50

I posted in regard to the same problem yesterday and its disappeared!

My Vodafone App doesnt.work on my iPhone 5 since upgrading from the iPhone 4, yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with Wifi off, and have been through at least one bill cycle since the upgrade.   Still get the error about trouble finding my details.   Please can you advise what i need to do !

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Do you have any other apps running at the time you have these issues, for example Onavo? If so, can you try shutting these down or removing them to see if this makes a difference?

mbrown8 - your prevous post can be found here, and I see that Ben_H has replied yesterday.

Dave

I too am having problems with the Vodafone app on my iPhone 3GS. I have followed all of the steps outlined in the form above but still have not had any success I have uninstalled and reinstall the app I have registered correctly on Vodafone's webpage.

Please advise

Hi overseashoosier, 

Are you getting any error messages when you access the app? Has it ever worked for you?

We're not aware of an issue with the My Vodafone App and the iPhone 3GS so it could be something to do with your account.

We can take a look at this - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Thanks Paul,

It worked! I tried it again before contacting the tech team and it worked. I didn't do anything differently, but it worked.

Thanks,

Brian

spursmat
4: Newbie

Hi,

Unfortunately I have also been having the same issues with the App since I moved over to an iPhone 5 on release day.

I have tried all of the suggested steps, wifi off, remove app, delete data, removed onavo etc. It always used to work just fine on my iPhone 4!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mat.

Hi spursmat,

Please can you try to remove and add the application again and if it doesn’t work then we can check the account to make sure everything is set up as it should be.

So we can do this I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team can get this verified for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I have given up on the My Vodafone App after 3 months. It still doesn't work after you remove/reinstall, select forgot me, remove/reinstall and reboot without SIM card, etc, etc (all with WiFi turned off of course).

I can access the My Account information online without any problem so will just have to settle for that and put the My Vodafone app down as being incompatible with my account/phone.

:smileysad:

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi johnmoliver,

It’s a shame to see the problems you’ve been having with this.

So that I can look into this further, please can you get back to me with the following information:

Are you on PAYG or contract?

If contract, is this a business account?

If PAYG, when did you connect?

What phone are you using?

The more information we can get the better :Smiling:

Cheers,

Jenny

Hi Jenny

It is a personal contract since 22 Oct 2012 and the phone is an iPhone 5. My wife also took out a new personal contract at the same time on a iPhone 5 and hers works fine.