You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

My Vodafone app - Sorry, we're experiencing a few technical difficulties

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I recently downloaded the update for My Videophone on my iPhone 4. It worked for a few weeks and then it suddenly was unable to find my account details. Now all I get is the message “We’re having a bit of trouble” with a speech bubble saying “Sorry, were experiencing a few technical difficulties at the me moment so we can’t display your usage or account information. We’ll get this sorted as soon as possible – please try later”. After a few weeks I was still getting the same problem so I called customer services. They deleted my account for me twice in each case saying I had to re-register online. I also deleted the app and reloaded it several times. Its still not working and is still displaying the same message. Anyone got any ideas?

Ps I have wifi off as it requires connection to 3g to get account details.

Please see screenshot below

Message 1 of 44 (8,480 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Re: My Vodafone app - Sorry, we're experiencing a few technical difficulties

Have you got a business account ?

Also Vodafone have been having alot of technical difficulties as of late
Message 2 of 44 (8,450 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 394

Hi gparris2,

Thanks for flagging this with my team and for including a screenshot. We'll be happy to investigate your line to see if we can determine what's causing the My Vodafone app issue. Would you mind contacting my team directly using the instructions I've sent via Private Message? You can find your PM inbox here.

Cheers, Ben

Message 3 of 44 (8,438 Views)

It's a personel contract (not business) :smileyhappy:
Message 4 of 44 (8,431 Views)

Ben, I submitted the request for your team to deal with this directly. I have had no responce?
Message 5 of 44 (8,331 Views)

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same problems with my vodafone app on my iphone 4s.

Everytime I attempt to log into the app it says 'We're having a bit of trouble - sorry we're experiencing a few technica difficulties at the moment so we can't display your usage or account information. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible - please try again later.' How can I resolve this issue?

Chanelle

Message 6 of 44 (7,886 Views)

Hi, I am also having the same issue on my iPhone 4. In my case my phone number was ported from Orange. I read elsewhere that a chnage of phone number could be a cause of the problem. If so how can this be fixed?

Message 7 of 44 (7,842 Views)
Moderator (Retired) Lee
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

I've sent you both a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 8 of 44 (7,825 Views)

I am also getting this problem on my iPhone 4s.  I have had the problem since I joined Vodafone in August

Message 9 of 44 (7,538 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BklueLightAlarm,

Thanks for your post here and for bringing your issue to our attention.

I must admit that this is a bit of a strange one especially as this has been ongoing since August.

The first thing that we need to do is remove the app, restart the phone and then reinstall it making sure that you  disable your WIFI once it is downloaded before you open the app.

Also, do you have a good 3G signal?

Are you able to use the internet without being connected to WIFI?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 44 (7,388 Views)

Hi James, thanks for your reply.  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I only just saw your response.

The app worked for 1 day when I first got the phone in August but then when my old mobile number ported over I haven't been able to get it to work since.  I keep getting an error message saying "we're having a bit of trouble"

Message 11 of 44 (6,928 Views)
Moderator (Retired) Lee
Moderator (Retired)

Hello BlueLightAlarm,

Thanks for your post.

It's likely that the port has caused this and we'll need access to your account to be able to resolve this.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 12 of 44 (6,872 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Hi

I am experiencing a similar problem but get the message 'We're having a bit of trouble - Try again'. It has never worked on my phone (iphone 5) since I got it on 17 Oct but it works fine on my wifes. I have tried disabling Wifi, removing/reinstalling app, resetting WAP settings but with no success. Customer Services said there is nothing they can do with the app and that it should just work. Can you offer any help? Thanks.

Message 13 of 44 (6,488 Views)
Moderator (Retired) Lee
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there johnmoliver,

Thanks for your post.

Could you possibly open the application and tap the cog icon and tap 'forget me'?

Once you've done that, please delete and reinstall the application and accept the terms of use to set it up again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

LeeH

Message 14 of 44 (6,455 Views)

Hi, the settings cog isn't there as that doesn't appear until you have used the app. I have uninstalled the app though then reinstalled and gone though intro screens and agreement but it still doesn't work. My wife's phone on the same account works fine and just worked the first time. Thanks.
Message 15 of 44 (6,450 Views)
Phil
Topics: 432
Solutions: 348

Hi Johnmoliver,

Thanks for coming back to us.  Can you confirm that everything is working with your My Account online please?  This is where the Vodafone App retrieves all of it's information and so if anything isn't working there then the App will be unable to retrieve your information. 

You will also need to have received the 1st invoice since you took out the contract for the App to update. 

Thanks,

Phil

Message 16 of 44 (6,286 Views)

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. My account online works fine and I received my first bill last week. I think the problem is that both my phone number and my wife's are on the same account. Her number works fine from her phone and pulls back the details for her number but mine just comes up with an error.  Thanks.

Message 17 of 44 (6,278 Views)

I'm also having the same thing happen and there is nothing wrong with my online account

Message 18 of 44 (6,258 Views)

I posted in regard to the same problem yesterday and its disappeared!

My Vodafone App doesnt.work on my iPhone 5 since upgrading from the iPhone 4, yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with Wifi off, and have been through at least one bill cycle since the upgrade.   Still get the error about trouble finding my details.   Please can you advise what i need to do !

Message 19 of 44 (6,173 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Do you have any other apps running at the time you have these issues, for example Onavo? If so, can you try shutting these down or removing them to see if this makes a difference?

mbrown8 - your prevous post can be found here, and I see that Ben_H has replied yesterday.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 20 of 44 (6,157 Views)
iPhone 6