Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO SERVICE

Dannyp123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there I bought a phone off the Internet and when I picked it up the bloke showed me it working perfectly fine I've had it for two weeks now and it's just suddenly came up no service I'm 3 sims, 4 reboots and an apple appointment on Tuesday later on still no joy can anyone help
8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Dannyp123 

A common scam, a seller sells a working phone before the phone is reported as lost or stolen.

This is going to be between you and the seller, Vodafone won't be able to give you any help or support.

I have checked the imei number to see if it has been reported lost or stolen and it hasn't im still in contact with the seller and he says he hasn't reported lost or stolen

AnnS

@Dannyp123 

If the phone is locked to Vodafone, you would need to use a Vodafone SIM card and synchronise to itunes.

If you are still having problems, it may be better to cut your losses and ask for your money back.

It is locked to Vodafone and is there no way around this I have checked the imei on serveral site and there all saying it's not locked blocked or reported as lost or stolen

Can anyone else give me any information I know the phone isn't blocked it still activates but just won't connect to a server

drey_p
16: Advanced member

You are going to have to get back in contact with the seller.  Was the phone unlocked in the first place? 

PWIAC

No it was locked onto Vodafone

drey_p
So that will mean you can't use a non Vodafone SIM card in the device. Do the Vodafone SIM cards you have work in another device?

PWIAC