Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO SIGNAL! Broken customer service promises

markeyboy1965
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I changed my I5 several months ago in the Southampton Apple Store as my FONE was broken, I now have a SIM only contract in said I5 with Vodafone, I HAVE ONLY EVER BEEN A VODAFONE CUSTOMER and have been trying for months to get it unlocked so I can sell it on and get a new fone! VODAFONE SAY MY FONE IS LOCKED TO ORANGE AND IT CANNOT BE UNLOCKED BY VODAFONE! VODAFONE TAKE MY DIRECT BEBIT AND IT SAYS VODAFONE ON MY FONE AND AN ORANGE SIM DOESNT WORK COZ I AM NOT AN ORANGE CUSTOMER! CONTACTED ORANGE AND THEY SAY NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM AND SORT IT WITH VODAFONE!

Now I have been contacting customer service because I now get little or no signal where I live, I have been promised call backs, refunds, and even a promise of a call back from a manager so I can obtain a free secure signal box for my troubles! No calls received and no secure signal box sent, called for an update today as signal is down again and supposed to be for another 3 days only to be told no notes exist of my calls about my signal being down nor for a call back from secure signal manager!

I have 3 contracts which all are experiencing signal issues, I have 2 lines that are EE and they work fine! CAN SOMEONE GET IN TOUCH AND ADVISE ME WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON PLEASE? IF YOU DONT WANT MY BUSSINESS, CANCEL MY CONTRACTS FREE OF CHARGE AS THEY ONLY RUN TILL APRIL AND I WILL HAPPILY GO TO EE WITH MY BUSSINESS. Looking forward to your excuses
Regards
Mark
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@markeyboy1965 wrote:
I changed my I5 several months ago in the Southampton Apple Store as my FONE was broken

Therein lies the problem.  Vodafone won't have a record of the exchanged IMEI numbers so won't be able to unlock the device.  You will need to get in touch with Apple and get them to provide Vodafone with the details.  Once the IMEI number has been updated, you will be able to get the handset unlocked.

@markeyboy1965 wrote:
I have 3 contracts which all are experiencing signal issues

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

Spent ages following your instructions and calling customer services only to be told NOTHING CAN BE DONE AS LOCAL MAST IS DOWN AGAIN! NO COMPENSATION NOR A SURE SIGNAL DEVICE OFFERED AS NOTHING CAN BE DONE UNTIL PROBLEM IS RESOLVED!!! THEY ADVISED I CALL AGAIN ONCE MAST IS FIXED!

I HAVE UNTIL APRIL TILL MY CONTRACTS END AND VODAFONE WILL NOT BE GETTING MY BUSINESS EVER AGAIN, NEARLY 12 YEARS A CUSTOMER AND NO ONE GIVES A RATS BOTTOM

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @markeyboy1965

Please can I have your full postcode to see which site you connect to?

If you don’t want it showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. Just let us know when you’ve added it.

With your IMEI number and unlocking, as @drey_p says, we’ll need the updated IMEI details sending to us from Apple.

Thanks,

Simon

BH31 6LP