Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need help unlocking my iphone 5

adao
4: Newbie

Hi

i requested using the online form to unlock the iphone 5 that i got a long time ago.

I got a reply saying that the IMEI could not be matched on my account.

there is no option to reply to the email other than to send the form in again but that wouldnt help.

I'm wondering whether the IMEI wouldnt show because the number in question under went a transfer of ownership to my brothers name?

I really need help with sorting this out as i've checked and the phone is definetly locked to vodafone (only activates using a vodafone sim)

hope someone can help me

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
It sounds to me that the sim needs to be placed back in the iPhone and some calls made to latch the imei number to your account and then the unlock requested.

Perhaps give Vodaphone a call to seek clarification.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi, you say it underwent a transfer of ownership, from who? The only person who can request the unlock is the original owner, they have to fill in the form.

BandOfBrothers
I assume by transfer of ownership you have let your brother have the contract.

The hardware is still yours as that does not transfer over with a change of name in a contract as far as I'm aware and should not affect an unlock.

As I say give them a call or maybe a member of the Tech Team will pick up on this and officially clarify.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @adao 

The original owner is the only person that can request a network unlock code.

I think it's best we take a closer look at your account. Please reply to the private message and we'll see what's going on.

Thanks,

Sukhi