Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need iphone 4 vodafone unlocked

scbengal
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My son had a iphone 4 while he was at Lakenheath and had Vodafone service. I have the phone here in the states and can't seem to unlock it. I've tried the unlocking process you provide on your site, but to no avail. When I put in my sim card (Which is currently in a Android phone, it doesn't recognize it. Can you give me some advice on what to do next?

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The original owner, ie your son, will need to request the unlocking and provide all the account information against which the device was supplied.  Once he has done that, Vodafone will take a couple of days to process the request and then pass it onto Apple.  If there are any issues with the request, Vodafone will contact your son via email for further info.  Apple then take a further 7 - 10 working days to complete the unlocking. 

You can check at any point to see if the unlocking has been completed by connecting the iPhones to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it.  It will then complete the unlocking and a message will display in iTunes confirming that it has been unlocked.

PWIAC

Thanks for the information, it was very helpful. Now the only issue that he is running into is that he no longer has a valid UK mobile number and that is one of the required fields on the "Unlock Request Form". Without that field entered you can't submit the form. Any suggestions?

drey_p

He needs to provide the number that he had when he took the device out on contract. That way, even though it isn't being used currently, the NUC Resolutions Team can trace it back to the original account.

PWIAC

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Enter the last Vodafone number that he had. It is only used to validate the account information.