Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

strippy74
4: Newbie

Hi

I have recently been given an iPhone 4s which is locked to the Vodafone network and the owener has now moved to the other side of the world so contact is limited.

How can i get teh phone unlocked to use on other networks?

Can i purchase a pay as you go SIM, top it up with £20 and then complete your NUC forms? is this acceptable?

thanks

Strippy74 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. You'd need the credit on a Vodafone SIM to be able to pay for the code (as mentioned on the request form). 

You'd then need to wait for Apple to send the code (this is done via iTunes when you connect the phone to a computer)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

redpages

Hi. You'd need the credit on a Vodafone SIM to be able to pay for the code (as mentioned on the request form). 

You'd then need to wait for Apple to send the code (this is done via iTunes when you connect the phone to a computer)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

hi 

and thank you for reply to my post.

i understand that the sim will need the £20 credit (daylight robbery if you ask me!)

how will i know what the phone is unlocked for me to then connect it to itunes?

thanks

strippy74

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
You will need to get the original owner to complete the NUC form
Vodafone will not unlock an iPhone for anyone else.

strippy74
But the contract with the original owner has expired. The phone is not under contract with vodfone.

I don't understand the logic.

kids
The logic is that to avoid unlocking stolen or lost phones it needs the owner to complete the NUC form.

There is no other way.

strippy74
I appreciate what you are saying. However the Vodafone customer services representative I chatted with confirmed that by getting a pay as you go sim and registering the phone through that then request a NUC.

are you saying that this method will not work?

I checked the IMEI net against a register and it's not blacklisted.

kids
Unless the procedure has recently changed to unlock it as a PAYG phone the phone has to have been bought as a PAYG phone originally.

Unfortunately the advice given by Live Help has been know to be a bit iffy. I would stick around for a member of the Tech team to pick up your post and give a definitive answer before spending £20 on a top up.

strippy74
Thank you for your advice it's much appreciated.

I wonder if this post will ever get picked up and answered.

My other issue is the person I bought the phone off is not responding to emails asking him to complete the online NUC form. So I am left with no ther real option but to try. But I'll hang on a bit longer as I have a few days before my free sim arrives.

Thanks again.

kids

The posts do get picked up but it can take up to48 hours to do so.

The Tech team are a small but busy team and they deal with posts in chronolocial order, so hang about.