Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

strippy74
4: Newbie

Hi

I have recently been given an iPhone 4s which is locked to the Vodafone network and the owener has now moved to the other side of the world so contact is limited.

How can i get teh phone unlocked to use on other networks?

Can i purchase a pay as you go SIM, top it up with £20 and then complete your NUC forms? is this acceptable?

thanks

Strippy74 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. You'd need the credit on a Vodafone SIM to be able to pay for the code (as mentioned on the request form). 

You'd then need to wait for Apple to send the code (this is done via iTunes when you connect the phone to a computer)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

ditching vodafone.i advise everyone to buy a sim free phone and get away from vodafone. go to argos they do a good selection of sim free phones.its the future, no vodafone.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @strippy74

Thanks for the update :).

@bobsomer 

We'll need to access your account to see what’s going on. Please contact us via this private message.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hello @ Sukhi

thank you for your response.

May I add that whilst I have been away, my phone was unlocked and I had udate emails sent to me from Vodafone informing me what was happening so thanks to the Vodafone team for sorting this all out and all in a timely manner!

also thank you all for reading and responding to my questions.

nat_scott22

Hi I am trying to unlock my iphone 5 which I had on contract with vodafone.  The contract has ended and I have ported my number over to another network.  However, my problem is that because the contract has ended and I have ported my number over, I cannot fill in the online form because it asks for the phone number, which is no longer registered to Vodafone.  I have the IMEI number for the phone, but without a phone number I'm struggling! Can anyone advise how I can get an unlock code please?

strippy74
Hi nat_scott22

My opinion is that you buy a Pay as you go SIM card top up with £10. Then register that phone number to obtain your nuc code via Vodafone.

Read my earlier posts it will help and you may feel my frustration. The end result was I got the phone unlocked!

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, was hoping to unlock it for free, as I've paid £42 a month for 30 months - the reason I moved from Vodafonfe to another provider was because I couldn't use my data that I was paying for, because where I live the internet signal is absolutely non existent!! Seems ridiculous that I now have to pay extra to get my phone unlocked! I will go into the shop and see what they say!

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

If you call 191 and ask them they should be able to look up your old account and find your number. Or call 191 and ignore the first three or four prompts to enter your number and you should be connected to an agent who can also locate your old account.

Alternatively do you have any old Vodafone bills lurking in your email box or any friends that may still have the old number?

I know the phone number, my issue is because I've ported the number to another network and so cancelled my contract with vodafone.  I cannot log on to my online account any more and do not have a vodafone number any more as it's been ported over to EE.  I am going to go into the vodafone shop today and see if they can advise.  I'd rather not have to pay any more money though!

kids

You do not need a current Vodafone number, on the NUC form you use the old number and the IMEI, that is sufficient for an unlock to be requested from Apple.

Vodafone can trace your old account to verify the phone was on your account from the old phone number.