Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New SIM card for my iPhone 4.

danielcollins80
4: Newbie

I have been to the Coventry Vodafone store today as my girlfriend's iPhone 4 (which is on my account, number ending in 025) has been experiencing a lack on celluar internet access since I did a factory reset on it. We went in and the advisor (Iftab) advised that it might need a change of SIM card, and since it was a free service, we thought it couldn't hurt. In the process he pointed out he could save us a pound a month on the SIM only deal my girlfriend's phone was already on, so we agreed and he signed us up to a new contract in the process. He proceeded to remove the original SIM card and put the new one into the phone. He told us that it would be up and running in 1 to 2 hours. It's now been 4 hours since we were at the Vodafone store and the phone is saying it has no service and when I go into Settings > About > Network, it's saying "SIM not provisioned". I've done this in the past when I've signed up to a new phone, SIM card and new contract with Vodafone and never had this issue before.

Any advice would be helpful.

2 REPLIES 2

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. From past experience it can activate in a couple of hours however the longest I've been advised (at most) is just over 24 hours. Have you tried powering the phone off then restarting? Sometimes this helps enable a new SIM to establish and refresh on the network. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

danielcollins80
4: Newbie
Thanks, after I posted this, I found an online SIM Swap form and filled it in, I then realised this morning that when we went into the Coventry store yesterday, the sales advisor, Iftab, registered the number on the wrong SIM card. But since I put the correct SIM card number in to the form last night, once I got the e-mail telling me that the swap had been successful, I rebooted the phone and it was working fine again.