Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iPhone 5c unable to send/receive MMS messages

jaffs49
2: Seeker

I've been directed to post on here by your twitter help account.

My wife has a new (30/12/2013) iphone 5c on payg that has never and will not send or receive MMS messages.

I have spoken to your 3rd tier tech support guys twice having spent hours going around the world via various online chats and calls.

The phone has the correct APN settings for MMS and MMS is enabled.

The phone's os is up to date

The phone has been factory reset several times

The phone has been paired with iTunes

The phone was bought from your online store but I did take it to the local store for them to check. They said everything appeared ok and referred me to the online help.

We have spent a small fortune sending MMS messages to test both from the iphone and to the iphone

The techs say the number is not barred to MMS

We do not have another iphone to try the sim card in

We do not have a different sim to try in the iphone

If you can't fix this issue within a reasonble timeframe (5 3 days) I want a full refund as the phone is not fit for purpose and I can go and buy an iphone that is fit for purpose from somewhere else.

(copied from another thread as no one has bothered to reply even though they have been active on the forum and maybe missed it)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have managed to get our issue resolved by a really helpful Technical Adviser at a larger Vodafone shop. He was well aware of the issue we were experiencing and said it was down to the phone number provided on the sim card that was sent with the iPhone 5c. Installing a new sim card fixed the issue and sending images via MMS is working as it should be.

Maybe you should employ some of those guys on here as they have the day-to-day experiences of the issues customers are having as well as the solutions they find for fixing them.

Whilst the Vodafone contacts you deal with on here, on chat and on the phone are friendly enough, they don't seem to have the control to take a problem from first report to issue fixed and the delays between the various departments are infuriatingly slow.

So my advice to anyone else with an iphone 5c that won't send/receive MMS messages, go to your nearest vodafone store that has technical advisers and get them to change your sim card. They can also transfer your credit/allowances too.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jaffs49,

I’m sorry that your other post was missed.

We can certainly look into this for your wife and see what’s happening.

I’ve sent details to you here on how to get in touch.

Can you pass them to your wife and ask her to complete the form please?

Once we’ve got her email we’ll be with you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Andy

Oh dear Vodafone, this may end badly......I'm really disappointed in you and I have been with you for 13 years........You have left me very frustrated to the point that I'm nearly pulling my hair out, I cannot say that the numerous phone calls and talking to the advisors has not been polite but actions speak louder than words......I find with this carrier at the moment it is almost DIY........We pay for service and you are just not living it up to it.....(Yes I'm the wife)

We have managed to get our issue resolved by a really helpful Technical Adviser at a larger Vodafone shop. He was well aware of the issue we were experiencing and said it was down to the phone number provided on the sim card that was sent with the iPhone 5c. Installing a new sim card fixed the issue and sending images via MMS is working as it should be.

Maybe you should employ some of those guys on here as they have the day-to-day experiences of the issues customers are having as well as the solutions they find for fixing them.

Whilst the Vodafone contacts you deal with on here, on chat and on the phone are friendly enough, they don't seem to have the control to take a problem from first report to issue fixed and the delays between the various departments are infuriatingly slow.

So my advice to anyone else with an iphone 5c that won't send/receive MMS messages, go to your nearest vodafone store that has technical advisers and get them to change your sim card. They can also transfer your credit/allowances too.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaffs,

This isn’t good to see.

So that we can take a look at your account please send us your details here.

@jaffs49 - I've not heard of a number casuing this problem before.

I'm glad to see that it's working for you now.

Thanks,

Gemma

Jane27
I've been directed here from twitter too!
I've also tried everything suggested.
My iPhone 5c is intermittently sending and receiving the texts it fancies!
It's very frustrating and upsetting for me as my family live overseas and for the last few months I'm not receiving my usual daily texts - don't get me wrong, I might be able to receive some texts some weeks but currently I haven't received my DAILY text since the beginning of May.
Texts are the most basic element of mobile phones - why won't they work?
Help please???

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jane27,

Are any other services affected, like calls or data?

Is it just in one place you’re having the text issue, or everywhere you take your phone?

Thanks,

Simon

KerryWhiting

Hi I am having the same problem, I upgraded to a 5c in August and my phone will sometimes send picture messages to other iPhones but I am unable to receive them, I am also unable to send them to my husband who has an android phone or receive. I have reset my phone to factory settings numerous times, followed different ideas on google and still no luck. I phoned customer services today and was told I should be able to receive/send MMS and I should text web to 40127 which I did and followed instructions but still no luck. Im feeling a little fed up as I have been a customer with you for many years as has my husband, I feel this phone is not fit for purpose as its not working as it should! Please can anybody help.

Thanks 

Hi KerryWhiting,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi I've emailed details but still not heard back! Sim never arrived as promised! Getting a little fed up now!!