Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iPhone 5c unable to send/receive MMS messages

jaffs49
2: Seeker

I've been directed to post on here by your twitter help account.

My wife has a new (30/12/2013) iphone 5c on payg that has never and will not send or receive MMS messages.

I have spoken to your 3rd tier tech support guys twice having spent hours going around the world via various online chats and calls.

The phone has the correct APN settings for MMS and MMS is enabled.

The phone's os is up to date

The phone has been factory reset several times

The phone has been paired with iTunes

The phone was bought from your online store but I did take it to the local store for them to check. They said everything appeared ok and referred me to the online help.

We have spent a small fortune sending MMS messages to test both from the iphone and to the iphone

The techs say the number is not barred to MMS

We do not have another iphone to try the sim card in

We do not have a different sim to try in the iphone

If you can't fix this issue within a reasonble timeframe (5 3 days) I want a full refund as the phone is not fit for purpose and I can go and buy an iphone that is fit for purpose from somewhere else.

(copied from another thread as no one has bothered to reply even though they have been active on the forum and maybe missed it)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have managed to get our issue resolved by a really helpful Technical Adviser at a larger Vodafone shop. He was well aware of the issue we were experiencing and said it was down to the phone number provided on the sim card that was sent with the iPhone 5c. Installing a new sim card fixed the issue and sending images via MMS is working as it should be.

Maybe you should employ some of those guys on here as they have the day-to-day experiences of the issues customers are having as well as the solutions they find for fixing them.

Whilst the Vodafone contacts you deal with on here, on chat and on the phone are friendly enough, they don't seem to have the control to take a problem from first report to issue fixed and the delays between the various departments are infuriatingly slow.

So my advice to anyone else with an iphone 5c that won't send/receive MMS messages, go to your nearest vodafone store that has technical advisers and get them to change your sim card. They can also transfer your credit/allowances too.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Stephsp8
Hi I'm having problems sending texts too it's happened more then once now where my texts have just stopped sending I've rang vodafone up and they tell me to text 9770 as this proves I can send texts but then texting anyone else it just doesn't send texts at all for two days it hasn't been working now! Anyone help me please?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Have you considered a sim swap that any Vodaphone HighStreet shop can perform. This moves your mobile number and tariff to a new SIM card. Take Photo ID to prove your identity or ask customer services to post anew one to you and when received use the sim swap link http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/simswap/index.htm

If this is happening to perhaps one or two contacts make sure their contact details have not been accidentally added to any call and text blocking feature and they haven't done the same to your number. (Handset Model and feature dependant)

For MMS I would suggest asking Customer services on 191 to re provision the account for MMS.

Take into account MMS isn't part of your text allowance and is charged to send. Also mobile data needs to be turned on and if a person does not have a data allowance or have exhausted their allowance this then will cost to turn on.

Re iMessages.

This is 's official help link ->

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201287

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201422

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.