Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4G

liamdell8feb
4: Newbie

So, I have now had my iphone 6 for about 6 7 weeks and have had 0 4G.

I was under the impression that my area did not have sufficient 4G signal, but was still happy knowing that when I travel the country in the past weeks I would access 4G via, London, Newcastle and Manchester.

In my times of traveling to such areas I still had no 4G, I decided to visit the Vodafone store in Newcastle. As usual not the greatest customer service as the lady was complaining about not going on her lunch on time due to the store being busy. This staff member had provided me with a sim swap, I walked out of the shop happy knowing that my 4G should be back. Low and behold still no 4G.

I decided to go into my local Vodafone shop Southampton to discuss this issue. The staff member was very helpful in troublshooting. We tested the phone with another 4G sim card which worked, and putting mine into another phone but still had no 4G signal. (It was also highlighted to me that Southampton where I live has 4G signal throughout the areas I live and work)

At this moment in time the staff member rang Vodafone to discuss this issue. It was explained that there was an issue in how my account was set up and that this would be looked at.

In the past week I have spoke with Vodafone regarding the status of this issue, which was explained by two members of staff that this issue was resolved.. but yet I still had no 4G. I popped back into the Southampton store last night straight from work, where I was told to speak with the technical team via the phone.

It was then explained to myself that this issue has not been resolved and has no time frame in how long this will take.

I do not understand how in the first place that my phone was not set up correctly via the Vodafone system and yet it is taking this long to resolve! It was highlighted that I can gain compensation, which frankly I am not fussed about as I would like my phone to be fixed asap! as I am a paying customer and am paying for a service.

Is there anyway that this can actually be dealt with asap or atleast have some what of an explanation...

I am currently in talks with my close friend who is a lawyer to discuss my stand point on this matter as I have full intentions in cancelling my direct debit via Vodafone due to the lack in help and management of rectifying this issue.

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The first question is have you taken out a 4G price plan?  If you haven't you won't get 4G.

liamdell8feb wrote: 

I am currently in talks with my close friend who is a lawyer to discuss my stand point on this matter as I have full intentions in cancelling my direct debit via Vodafone due to the lack in help and management of rectifying this issue.

I hope that you friend has been giving you good advice such as telling you not to cancel the direct debit.  If they haven't, you need to find yourself another lawyer.  If you cancel your direct debit, you will automatically be in the wrong and risk having a default slapped on your credit file which will remain there for 6 years!  The one key thing about the entire issue is that your contract is not for a specific type of signal, so as long as you are getting signal, no matter what type, your contract is being fulfilled.  Obviously your friend has already advised you of this.

As for the issue at hand, one of the eForum Team will need to look into this.  Usually they are in touch in about 48 hours or so but it can take a little bit longer at present as they are proving to be quite popular.

PWIAC

Yes I have a 4G price plan..

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

liamdell8feb
4: Newbie

Post Title: 'First half of post code , SO31 Southampton

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

All over the country - Manchester London Newcastle liverpool

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

All over the country (so31 5pn) is where I am most of the time

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes. Did this in vodafone store with a staff member. My sim came up with 3G in his phone which was iPhone 6. He put his sim in mine and the phone worked straight away on 4G

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
4g does not show

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
Only 4g is the issue

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7 weeks ago but was under the impression my area did not have 4g until a few weeks ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent. It has been explainwed this is a issue on my account but due to how it was set up in the first place.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @liamdell8feb ,

As this is going to be related to your account, we'll be unable to assist via the eForum so please Contact us.

Am I correct in saying the store also gave you a replacement SIM with your number on it to rule out a SIM fault?

Thanks,

Ben

Yeh sim has been replaced.

I spoke with a staff member through contacting them and I have to wait for my 4g to be provisioned as my account was not set up correctly with the network.

If I am honest it is very shocking service as I have not had 4g since having the phone and this is only being dealt with due to me hassling vodafone through all the channels possible. Yes I know I can get compensation but I would rather my phone be fixed. I have been waiting rather a while now for this to be rectified.

Also amazes me how long this is actually taking. and that it is not directly solved within a short period of time.

Once my contract is finished I will be leaving voafone due to the awful service I have recieved via customer services.

Any way this can actually be fixed in the coming days?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@liamdell8feb 

I can see that we've received your email and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

DaveCD

Me again.

I seem to be getting no where now. I have spent the past couple of weeks contacting vodafone to only be told I must wait, no explination nothing about what is going on.

I have placed a complaint to only be told by the offshore company to have some patience and wait (still not explination on what is going on)

I was rang on Sunday night by the offshore team regarding my email, which was left in a voicemail to go into store to confirm my identification that inforamtion that I have provided was incorrect. My level of frustration cannot be described.

Since Sunday I have been trying to track some answers via the phone, I was lucky to gain a English member of staff based in reading who was going to deal with my issue but has not actually contacted me back. Trying to contact them again I was given a very rude member of staff that kept refering me to the offshore team i.e the team that is not getting my anywhere.

Today I have been in store and was greated with a helpful/unfhelpful member of staff who basically said they cannot do a thing for me and that I would have to ring via the 191 to try and resolve this issue. It was mentioned that due to migration of the new system is the result of this issue, but there is no update of this being fixed.

If I am frankly honest, I have had a 0 positive experience here and feel mentally drained by dealing with this matter. 

It was mentioned via the technical team that my account may need to be shut down and restarted but that will not be done until it goes to the correct department.

I have had this issue for 10 weeks now and for the past 5 weeks been calling, visiting vodafone store and getting no where.

I have responded to all the emails that have come through and am waiting for a response. It would be great if someone could actually provide some more information here.