Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No data on iPhone 5c

Hayleigha
2: Seeker
Hi I upgraded to an iPhone 5c yesterday and since having the phone set up I have only been able to go on the internet through wifi not 3G or 4g anyone has the same problems before??
22 REPLIES 22

Lockstock74
9: Established
Can you get mobile data to work on other apps such a as the AppStore or email?

Try closing safari from the task 'bar' and then relaunch it.

I don't like giving up without a fight :Winking_smiley:

Lockstock74
9: Established
I think it has 2 buttons: not now or update. I generally update as soon as I see the option as it's usually beneficial.

There is also a new iOS software update 7.0.3 available and the carrier update is in readiness for this.

Hayleigha
I've have tried everything, even updated iTunes :Sad_face:

Hi Hayleigha,

Lockstock74 is really trying to help get this sorted! Nice job! :smileyvery-happy:

A couple of other things we can check:

- Are you able to send/receive texts and calls?

- If you can't, did you get a new SIM card with the phone? If so, have you activated it?

- What level signal are you seeing on the phone?

You can also check the settings on the phone manually against the ones listed here. You'll need to look under Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Network on the phone.

Dave

Sounds familiar.  I had a billing issue resulting in a bar be put on the phone, I resolved that but ever since then no data, that was two weeks ago today!  Calls and texts working okay, when I try and use data I get "Could not activate cellular data network" After wasting last week following the various advice to rest restore conect to iTunes, toggle this and that still no joy.  Beginning of this week CS decided my SIM had purged 4G and sent me a new one, two days later stil no data, call CS and its back to the reste restore try in a different area, or offer to repair phone!  Its a 5S, it shows 3G GPRS when data turned on but will not connect.  Every settings reset puts in the PAYG APN rather than Pay Monthly so I have to change each time. I am off to a store tomorrow and Apple, had enough, wish I had never renewed my contract.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lfcfan,

Thanks for posting. If you've followed all of the advice prior in this thread then we'll need to look at your account.

If you've not already sorted this in store, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. 

Cheers, Ben

Thanks just replied. Went to a Vodafone store tried different SIM and phone, confirmed its an account problem (despite two weeks of 191 saying there isn't). Further 40 minutes on phone to 191 tonight,this time (despite one atempt to get me to check by internet settings) CS started to move my problem up the chain, everything she could see says no issues, but this problem only started when a data block was placed, all other blocks removed this one has stuck! The problem has now been raised with a higher technical department for them to investigate, that was three hours ago.  On the 8GB 4G plan and no data access for over twp weeks!  Final point, when I access my account online and try to look at direct debit details I get this message:

We are unable to fulfill your request due to a temporary problem at our end. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. We hope to resolve this problem very soon, so please try again later.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lfcfan,

It looks like they've made steps towards sorting this for you.

I can also see that we've replied to your email yesterday, so if you don't hear back or see an improvement, reply back to that and we can chase things up.

Dave

Did you ever get this sorted? i'm in the same boat now,ive changed my sim and been told to text web to 40127 but i havent recived anything back

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nshires

Are you only having trouble connecting to the Network for data, or are calls and texts also affected? If so you can activate your SIM online.

If it is just your data settings you are having a problem with, we have more information on downloading these manually.

The ideas put forward earlier in this thread are very useful and cover the most common issues that would stop you using data on your handset.