You are here:

Apple

Ask a question:
Highlighted
Rank 1: Guest

No internet outside wifi

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have an iPhone 4 on monthly cpntract with Vodafone.  As the title says, I can use the internet with no problem at all whenever I am in a wifi zone, including at home, in Tesco, anywhere with free wifi where I have a valid password.  However, I can't get the internet, send/receive email. use Whats App when I'm outside these areas.  I've read through the forum and I think my settings are correct.  If anybody could post exactly what the settings should be or suggest anything else, I'd be grateful.

I can send and receive phone calls and mms.

I haven't got Airplane mode on

My account says I 've used 40mb of data so it must have worked at some stage.

Cheers

Message 1 of 4 (5,038 Views)
Solutions: 338

Re: No internet outside wifi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you can send MMS then it sounds like Internet is enabled on your SIM card (you'd need this to send picture messages) - so this points to a potential setting issue on the device itself.

What error message do you get when you try and go on a web page via Safari, for example?

Finally, if you go to:

- Settings > General > Network > Mobile Data Network

Under Mobile data what's your information set up as?

Going from my own iPhone which works fine I have::

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

Message 2 of 4 (4,976 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Thank you for replying

All my settings were correct.  I could sit next to people with a Vodafone iPhone 4 and they could get data and I couldn't.  I solved the problem by the hugely scientific act of uninstalling Facebook and then re-installing it.  Everything works fine now.  I have no idea if the Facebook thing had any effect, but whatever happened it all works.

Mobiles and computers Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 4 (4,956 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TonyM19,

It's great to see that you've resolved your issue. Should you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

Thanks

Andy

Message 4 of 4 (4,946 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Help and Support
My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up