You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

No internet outside wifi

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have an iPhone 4 on monthly cpntract with Vodafone.  As the title says, I can use the internet with no problem at all whenever I am in a wifi zone, including at home, in Tesco, anywhere with free wifi where I have a valid password.  However, I can't get the internet, send/receive email. use Whats App when I'm outside these areas.  I've read through the forum and I think my settings are correct.  If anybody could post exactly what the settings should be or suggest anything else, I'd be grateful.

I can send and receive phone calls and mms.

I haven't got Airplane mode on

My account says I 've used 40mb of data so it must have worked at some stage.

Cheers

Message 1 of 4 (3,757 Views)
Rank 36: Scholar V

Re: No internet outside wifi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you can send MMS then it sounds like Internet is enabled on your SIM card (you'd need this to send picture messages) - so this points to a potential setting issue on the device itself.

What error message do you get when you try and go on a web page via Safari, for example?

Finally, if you go to:

- Settings > General > Network > Mobile Data Network

Under Mobile data what's your information set up as?

Going from my own iPhone which works fine I have::

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

Message 2 of 4 (3,695 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Thank you for replying

All my settings were correct.  I could sit next to people with a Vodafone iPhone 4 and they could get data and I couldn't.  I solved the problem by the hugely scientific act of uninstalling Facebook and then re-installing it.  Everything works fine now.  I have no idea if the Facebook thing had any effect, but whatever happened it all works.

Mobiles and computers :smileymad:

Message 3 of 4 (3,675 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TonyM19,

It's great to see that you've resolved your issue. Should you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

Thanks

Andy

Message 4 of 4 (3,665 Views)
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger