Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Vodafone client wanting to unlock iphone

Ronanreve
1: Seeker

Hello

I bought an iphone 4 on the internet and it is not unlocked. So I contacted apple store here in Portugal and they told me I should contact vodafone uk since it was originally bought there. 

I've read the form to unlock but since I'm not a vodafone uk and neither vodafone portugal user I thought best to ask for advice.

Best Regards

Ronan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The issue that you have is that only the original owner can request the unlocking if the phone was originally supplied on contract. They need to complete the NUC Request Webform with their account info.

I would recommend that you get in touch with the person who sold it to you and speak to them about getting the device unlocked. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Put the phone back on Ebay and sell it to someone in the UK who uses Vodafone UK as there is absolutely no possibility whatsoever of Vodafone unlocking the phone for anyone other than the original owner. If you can get the original owner to request the unlock you'll be ok but otherwise there is no chance.

That is the best advice.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p

Hi there

The issue that you have is that only the original owner can request the unlocking if the phone was originally supplied on contract. They need to complete the NUC Request Webform with their account info.

I would recommend that you get in touch with the person who sold it to you and speak to them about getting the device unlocked. 

PWIAC