You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Not receiving international texts

Hi, I am not receiving international text from the USA, I had been receiving them up until about a month ago. My wife also has the same problem with her iPhone 4. The person sending the texts can send them to other people in the UK ok. I have asked them to get someone else in the US to send a text to me (from a different provider) and I can't receive texts from them either. So I can only assume it's a Vodafone problem.   Thanks
Message 1 of 17 (6,497 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re: Not receiving international texts

Hi amunro5618,

That's unusual. Did anything on the phones change around the time this started happening?

So we can get to the bottom of this, can you also confirm a couple of other things for me?

- Does this also affect emails sent by you to the United States?

- Does the sender get any sort of error notification when they send?

- Are these being sent as SMS or iMessages?

I'm confident we'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 17 (6,472 Views)

Hi Dave

I can send and recieve emails fine.  The sender didn't even know I wasn't getting any texts until we spoke on the phone.  They are getting charged as usual for sending these texts.  My friend is using SMS as she doesn't have an iphone herself.  All this also applies to my wife's iphone also.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 3 of 17 (6,469 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi amunro5618,

OK, we'll need to take a closer look at the account and see what we can find. It may be that your friend will have to speak with their network as well if we see no blocks and no records of the SMS on our network, but we'll see what we can find out first for you.

To that end, check out the private message I'm sending you and follow the directions in there for me.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 17 (6,452 Views)

Hi I can't see where there is a 'Turn on private message box' when i click on your link, and the PM box link takes me to an access denied page.

Andrew

Message 5 of 17 (6,433 Views)
DaveCD
Topics: 74
Solutions: 87

Hi amunro5618

Thank you for letting us know that you are unable to view your Private Message.

I have checked and have now amended this for you.:smileyhappy:

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 6 of 17 (6,414 Views)

Hi I don't have any private messages to respond to.

Andrew

Message 7 of 17 (6,406 Views)
Simon
Topics: 709
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 716

Hi amunro5618

I've checked your preferences and can see that PM is turned on so you should be able to receive them. I've resent it again just in case it didn't reach you the first time.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

Message 8 of 17 (6,402 Views)

Hi - have your issue been resolved? I have the same problem, I can't receive texts on my iphone from my mother, although she can send me texts on my blackberry which is also vodafone.

Message 9 of 17 (6,128 Views)
Wayne
Topics: 58
Solutions: 153

Hi Ascheulova

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this.

Can you confirm if this is an international text issue as the posts above are?

What error does you mother get when trying to send to you?

Does anybody else have any other issues when sending texts to you?

Please let me know and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 10 of 17 (6,092 Views)

Hi,

I have a very similar problem in that since i have ported my number from t-mobile to Vodafone I can no longer recieve international texts from anyone (multiple networks in the USA to my phone, they can send to my second phone no problem. I can send them and people recieve them but when they reply back but they do not get through to me (says sent on their end). Has anyone figured out what was wrong with previous similar issues?

Thanks

Message 11 of 17 (4,882 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi Fazwaz,

I'll pop you a PM so we can have a closer look for you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Message 12 of 17 (4,854 Views)

Hi Dave,

I have the iPhone 4S and can't receive international texts, I asked the Apple store for advice who recommended I do a restore but to no avail.  Would you be able to offer some advice please?

Many thanks

Hannah

Message 13 of 17 (4,673 Views)

Hi Dave, dont think i got a PM from you regarding this. In the mean time i have recieve and tried a new sim car and it still doesnt work. Any chance you could try sendin another PM ?

Thanks
Message 14 of 17 (4,670 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hannahlw,

I think we need to check your account for any restrictions, so we can do this I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the Pm and one of the team can get this checked for you.

@ Fazwaz, I have sent this for you again now, if you have any problems, give me a shout.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Message 15 of 17 (4,667 Views)

Hi, has the issue been resolved? I just bought iPhone 5s with pay monthly contract and have the same issue. I can't receive text messages from Russia. They can receive my texts but when they reply (using the correct international number format with +44) I don't get their messages. I can receive texts from UK normally as well as I can receive emails. I have a blackberry with corporate Vodafone tariff and can receive texts from Russia on that device.

How can this be fixed?
Message 16 of 17 (665 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 394

Hi Cabol,

If this is with all international messages, it may be a restriction on your line. iMessages will still deliver OK.  

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers,

Ben

Message 17 of 17 (635 Views)
iPhone 6