Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving international texts

amunro5618
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, I am not receiving international text from the USA, I had been receiving them up until about a month ago. My wife also has the same problem with her iPhone 4. The person sending the texts can send them to other people in the UK ok. I have asked them to get someone else in the US to send a text to me (from a different provider) and I can't receive texts from them either. So I can only assume it's a Vodafone problem.   Thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Hi,

I have a very similar problem in that since i have ported my number from t-mobile to Vodafone I can no longer recieve international texts from anyone (multiple networks in the USA to my phone, they can send to my second phone no problem. I can send them and people recieve them but when they reply back but they do not get through to me (says sent on their end). Has anyone figured out what was wrong with previous similar issues?

Thanks

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Fazwaz,

I'll pop you a PM so we can have a closer look for you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have the iPhone 4S and can't receive international texts, I asked the Apple store for advice who recommended I do a restore but to no avail.  Would you be able to offer some advice please?

Many thanks

Hannah

Hi hannahlw,

I think we need to check your account for any restrictions, so we can do this I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the Pm and one of the team can get this checked for you.

@ Fazwaz, I have sent this for you again now, if you have any problems, give me a shout.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Hi, has the issue been resolved? I just bought iPhone 5s with pay monthly contract and have the same issue. I can't receive text messages from Russia. They can receive my texts but when they reply (using the correct international number format with +44) I don't get their messages. I can receive texts from UK normally as well as I can receive emails. I have a blackberry with corporate Vodafone tariff and can receive texts from Russia on that device.

How can this be fixed?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Cabol,

If this is with all international messages, it may be a restriction on your line. iMessages will still deliver OK.  

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi there,

The last was in 2014 but i have same problem 2018.

For over a year, i haven't had international text messages. 

I have talked to may be 20 technical guys in the team but none of them were able to sort this problem out!

This forum is my last chance to use. If this also doesn't work, i will transfer my account to another provider for sure!

Could you please help me for this issue?

Thanks!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Byayla As we'll need to access your account to look into your international text query, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent 🙂

Hi Dave, dont think i got a PM from you regarding this. In the mean time i have recieve and tried a new sim car and it still doesnt work. Any chance you could try sendin another PM ?

Thanks