Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One Net with iOS 8

apatel4000
2: Seeker

Dear Forum users.

Since taking out the virtual land line product via One Net back in 2012, our business has  4x IP4s handsets running some revision of iOS 7.   We have a single hunt group with four handsets which simulatenously ring on a virtual DDi.   All been working fine and stable.

One of my users decided to upgrade to iOS 8 upon release and has since been unable to divert calls internally between handsets (Problem still present after updating to 8.0.2).  Upon reporting the issue to me,  i decided to upgrade my handset also which was running iOS 7.1.   To confirm the issue following the upgrade my handset now is no longer able to dial the short code numbers to other users within the group - call just fails. We now have two handsets which are running iOS 8 and two which are running a revision of iOS 7.     We've also noticed that the two running the newer software also no longer play hold music to callers on hold whereas those running the old software do.

It seems evident this is a software related problem and what's even more annoying is that we were sold as part of an upgrade the new IP6 which will arrive with iOS8.   I also find it hard to believe nobody else has experienced this given then when i speak to vodafone they seem completly unaware of the problem.  Some useless vodafone support rep suggest i sit it out and wait for a apple software update to see if the problem is rectified!!   

To update - i have since received an Iphone 6 and set it up as a new phone.   The hardware has made no difference to the issue and the handset can still not divert or short dial to other users within the group which to repeat we able to succesfully do under the old revision iOS 7.   My annoyance here is that vodafone clearly has not tested the product properly and more importantly the only option i've been given is to swap the iphone with an andriod or windows based handset.  

Can anybody shed any light or has anbody experienced anything similar?

12 REPLIES 12

simonhodgkiss
4: Newbie
Conference calling has now been updated and is working at last! :Smiling:

apatel4000
Hi Simon

Sorry not been in touch. I still have two handsets which are unable to transfer amongst the group. I'd also like to know how you conference call as I'd find this feature handy.

simonhodgkiss
4: Newbie
When you are in a call you simply press 'Add Call' and it will bring up the dial pad / contact list for your iPhone. When you make a 2nd call the first call is placed on hold. Once the 2nd call connects you will have a number of extra buttons appear. One called switch meaning you can switch between the 2 calls. The other called merge meaning merge the two calls.

Please note: The call comes out of your inclusive minutes as 2 separate calls. So a 5 minute call would use 10 minutes of your inclusive minutes. Of course if you are on unlimited then this won't be a problem as far as I am aware it won't charge you.