Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go internet problems

HollyavT
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, would appreciate your help with this one please.

I am a Pay as you go customer, and I am having trouble with my credit draining a little due to internet. When I am in WIFI areas, it is fine obviously but when I am out, even when I am not using the internet, I appear to be losing some credit. Before going out, I close all of the apps (double click home screen and hold the app until it closes) but is there a way to switch the internet OFF when I am not in a WIFI zone, and then when I am back in a WIFI zone turn it on again? Or is there another way to resolve the issue? Thanks. :Smiling:

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hey HollyavT - welcome to the Vodafone forum!

You can turn off the internet by going to Settings > General > Network > Cellular data and turning it off.

PWIAC

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Even if you are in a Wi Fi area you cannot be sure that your iPhone will use Wi Fi and not the mobile network. If you turn mobile/cellular data off in the way drey describes you will still be able to access the internet using Wi Fi and be assured that you are not using mobile data.

If you need to strictly control your use of mobile data keep cellular/mobile data turned off at all times until you absolutely need it and you are not in a Wi Fi zone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi HollyavT,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to the eForum!

Looks like the guys have answered your question about how to switch your internet access off already. Great stuff! :smileyhappy:

You could always move your Pay As You Go number to one of our great value Sim Only plans, if you’d like to discuss these further just pop me a message following the instructions that I’ve sent you on a Private Message.

We’ll give you a call once we reach your email.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Amanda

Thanks for your help guys! I did the step by step process that you suggested and have turned 'Mobile Data' OFF. 'Cellular Data' isn't there, I trust that Mobile Data is just the same and that it will now work? :Smiling:

drey_p

Ooops - my bad - I don't have iPhone in front of me, but I see you've worked it out....

PWIAC

No worries, I think it's all sorted now, thanks very much! :Smiling:

KenLee
1: Seeker

i can,t accsess the internet on my vodafone 354 pay as you go ,,, help

JUST CAN,T GET ON IT ????????

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi KenLee, 

You'll need credit or a Freebee pack active. 

If you have this, you can send the correct settings to your phone here

Thanks, 

Kay