Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go to contract

Shanice_1639
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi my names shanice, I am wondering if I can have my phone on contract in stead of pay as you go? But thing is would I have to trade my phone in to have a new one or can I keep this phone? But I have a IPhone 4 not 4s
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The phone is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. Of course you can take out a pay monthly contract and get a new phone with that contract or just a sim only contract that doesn't come with a phone and is cheaper. Once the contract is in in place you could move your PAYG number to the contract.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

My advice to anyone who want to transfer from a pay as you go to a monthly plan with Vodafone: Don't do it!! Go for another company instead, one that know how todo this simple task!!

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Kjell,

So that we can look into this further please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt B

I went back to the store (again!) today. I want to leave Vodefone and port my number to a serious company. I was adviced to wait until tomorrow, as my number is still "in the air", and I would risk even more problems if i try to port it at this point. Technical difficulties, bla bla.... I'm way beyond furiuos that this can happen. In 2015!! I really can't see what an online chat can help me, rather than waste even more hours.. It's been a full weeek since I went to the store!!! For this simple thing. I can't be the only one to be treated like this. Vodafone deserves an award for this treatment! 

Thanks for the advice with the chat - as I suspected It did not help at all, I only wasted more time. First "chat", then an endless call, and then told  (again!) to wait for 24.48 more hours - still without my phone number up and running.

And this is supposed to be a phone company? You should rather spend less on marketing and high street locations, and more on actually providing the service you exist for in the first place!!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kjell 

I'm sorry to see that you want to leave us. Please email us here and one of the team will be in touch to help. 

Thanks, 

Amanda