Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Personal hotspot setup

Teddyman5
2: Seeker
Have an iPhone 4 and iOS 6. When I click on personal hotspot it tells me to go to the website support page. Once in there, there is no option to select an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 so I'm getting nowhere. What I want to do is tether my IPad to the phone to use the phones 3G.
7 REPLIES 7

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Teddyman5,

You can see our support pages on how to set up Personal Hotspot on your iPhone 4, by clicking the link. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

I used to be able to turn personal hotspot on when I had an android phone but since having a iphone 4s I can't use it.  I'm on PAYG and have previously contacted Apple and Vodafone but apparently couldn't it use on iphone. 

I have recently upgraded to IOS7 and the functions look like I could possibly do it now? When I click into the link and go to Vodafone website it says:

Settings

General
Network
Mobile Data Network

Enter APN
Key in pp.vodafone.co.uk

Enter Username etc etc etc

Phone's just gone flat so on charge, but could you please confirm or not whether I can now use Personal Hotspot on PAYG for iphone 4S?

Hi bjennymoore,

It’s not possible to use tethering on PAYG, I’m afraid.

If it’s something you need, a SIM only plan may be more appropriate.

Cheers,

Andrew

Why cant you get a personal hotspot on pay as you go ? We can get mobile data with freebeez, so why cant we use them ? 

Please sort this out vodafone !

Hi alicedennis26,

It’s due to the amount of data that is used while using the personal hotspot.

If it’s something that’ll benefit you have a look at our sim only plans here.

Thanks,

Laura 

like alicedennis26 above, I have a Freedom Freebies data package and could use it from there on the rare occasion I want to use it.  It just doesn't make sense when I could do it on an Android phone on this same package, so know it's an Apple restriction. It just doesn't make sense why Apple allow Hotspot on contract and sim only but not PAYG!!!!!!  :smileymad:

Teddyman5
Apparently no tethering if on PAYG