Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal, next to no 3G coverage on iPhone 3GS & new iPad

Emmalou80
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi I have had an iPhone 3GS for almost 18 months now. Although my postcode says I have good indoor coverage this is continually not the case. My phone constantly drops from full to no coverage in a matter of seconds with no movement from me within my house. It drives me crazy. This is also the case with 3G coverage. I rarely have it ( I use wifi at home). This frustrates me especially when clearly other people around me on other networks have coverage. I went to a gig last summer at Aston Villa stadium. While waiting everyone around me was on Facebook etc and I no coverage at all. My friend had full coverage and 3G from O2 the whole time we were there. Last week I got the new iPad with supposed 4g ( to be told today uk doesn't support it yet). I am paying for a sim and 200 hours 3G usage a month - why????? I cAnt use it anywhere! Took my iPad to my daughters swimming lesson no Internet what's so ever. Yet the girl in front of me was on her iphone4 on the Internet via 3G for the whole lesson. I was also at the hospital 15miles away from home yesterday. No phone signal no 3G nothing. I had to use the reception phone to call my husband and couldn't text or use Internet the whole time I was there. Other people around me were happily doing this on their devices. So I don't really buy the it depends what area you are in as I have been in Leicestershire, Birmingham, Staffordshire oh and Cornwall last month with not one tiny bar of signal. Whenever I'm in a social group of people it always seems to be me who has no signal yet friends on O2, orange or T-mobile seem fine! Just getting really annoyed with it now. As I feel in this day and age it should not be a continual problem in a wide area of places
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

I've tried the troubleshooting before when I have rang customer service about my phone coverage. Just re read it and it is not a device problem as it is exactly the same in my 18 month old iPhone and my week old iPad. If I have both devices in the same place they both have the same coverage. It is a Vodafone coverage problem. Just spoke to a colleague about coverage at a new residents house in East Goscote (Leicestershire). Her reply was I could get on the net on my iPhone4 but not on my iPad. I asked who she was with? Her reply was Orange for her phone (which had 3G coverage) and Vodafone for the iPad with no coverage. What I'm angry about is I'm paying £32 a month for a sim to have 3G coverage on my iPad and I'm getting it in the most limited number of places. As I have done with my phone. What I want to know is what are Vodafone doing to improve their coverage countrywide?

Hi Emmalou80,

Many thanks for your post here and I’m sorry to hear that you are having network issues.

At the moment we are investing nearly £1 Million every day in maintaining and improving our network.

If there is a specific area that you are interested in, you can check our faults board for any sites that are down and also check out our network enhancement map which will show all of the enhancements being made.

Alternatively, if you can let us know the full postcodes where you are experiencing the issues, we will be able to look for any network issues and also check for any enhancements planned in those areas.

James

Network has been hit and miss (3 full days plus a couple of afternoons of absolutely nothing) in Petersfield, Hampshire for the last week or so now... Can't find anything on the error board, what's going on? Any update would be much appreciated, the whole office is in uproar! :smileyhappy:

Hi adamtodd,

To assist the team when we respond to your post, can you please post the template from our Network Troubleshooting thread along with your answers?

Thanks

Andy

ColinLaity
1: Seeker

why should we buy a sure signal when we pay for you to provide us with a service , that were not getting i call that breaking a contract

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Vodafone (nor any mobile network worldwide) guarentee a signal at all times owing to the very nature of a mobile device.
Did you read the Vodafone T&C's before joining Vodafone?

2.  Services and Coverage

2.1     Vodafone shall use reasonable endeavours to provide Customer with the Services and to ensure the security of Customer’s communications at all times.  However, due to the nature of mobile technology, it is impossible to provide a fault-free service.